Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 12:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: [Gno Sor] Aodh - Unifier, Archmage of Taslamar
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:21 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Theodoric
Saw a few retirements and I thought I'd get in on the fun. Aodh was a banker and champion rec league groundballer before taking up adventuring. His background in business and general good nature made him a very effective bureaucrat, as he was always trusting in the intentions of his allies, generally patient enough to talk around any issues that arose, and able to smilingly ignore people stressing small things around him. Early on I decided to play him as hard-line Hammer, but as very open to criticism and teaching, so while he had his firm stances, he also had a couple interesting RP occasions where principled Good priests/priestesses reined him in from really using "any means necessary" to purge evil.

I had a lot of fun with the initial Meissan church RP - in that vein Aodh's eternal struggle was to keep team lightie allied, which is a lot of work. His friends Callad, Tikka, Talimor, and Belzadin made things easier.

While he was incredibly easy to get along with as a good guy and went out of his way to accomodate Good people, he was like I mentioned as hard-line Hammer as I've ever gone. I had some fun being the "good cop" in Taslamaran negotiations. While he was never duplicitous Aodh was often amused that people would try to play Hammer leadership off as too uncompromising to him and enjoyed sort of slyly tweaking anyone who did that in conversation.

Post subject: Re: [Gno Sor] Aodh - Unifier, Archmage of Taslamar
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:27 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Karsh
P. much saw this coming. One of the better characters I've seen out of you. Deft touch with diplomacy, which is good in a leadership char.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:47 am 
Mortal

Still enjoyed surprising you by summoning away the NPC that had our loot. I liked Aodh on the characters I could interact with him and didn't mind having him as an enemy. Well rounded character.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:15 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
The Hammer crew was having a really good resurgence, I thought.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Airkli
I think a band of vets in one cabal is problematic for everyone else. But Aodh seemed exactly how you described. So well done. Could've done without the holding onto sick lewt for the past month while you faded into inactivity. But yea.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:10 am 
Mortal

Was fun fighting you, wish the numbers had been a little more even across the board. I enjoy your characters.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:39 am 
Mortal

Solid build. I don't even think you were killed once in pvp :P Anyway, good luck with your next.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:20 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Ivan, Mythros
jreid_1985 wrote:
Solid build. I don't even think you were killed once in pvp :P Anyway, good luck with your next.

I think Ivan killed him once in an Exile raid. He used a fear wand to screw us up, all but three of us quaffed immediately. He and Malsavir were the only ones killed in that battle and team darkie had to bail on that one. But yeah, I was impressed with patri's ability to play a sorc in pvp, it definitely showed me how powerful someone with the right knowledge could make a sorc. Good character, good player. Maybe we'll see you in the North next. *wink*wink*

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:09 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Airkli
jreid_1985 wrote:

And I killed him with a cabal ability in a HQ raid.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:17 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Theodoric
Yes, Aodh died a couple times. My chars always do though it's nice that it is enough of an event that you guys remember :wink:. Once was in a defense against a big group of MR barbs, which went down like Maxman said. Regiza targetted and killed the gray wolf that was keeping him in the back row instead of the gray-eyed enemy, and some MR barb AON'd Lathron (dumb to have at all), then they all demolished the poor gnome before fleeing the scene.

The other time that archaicsmurf mentioned was in a tense cabal defense pitting him against 8-10 enemies led by imp_babble/ardith. I had (almost eligible) from enlights at the time, though, so a quick reincarnation later managed to save both the loot and the relics.

Not a lot of really memorable PK other than a couple CRS events that I enjoyed. Cast petrification is obviously very powerful against opponents who refuse to bother with enchanting.