Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Oct 13, 2024 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:21 am 
Mortal

The solution is simple.

I'm not wasting it on a game where it won't get implemented or implemented wrong, though.

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:32 am 
Mortal

grep wrote:
The solution is simple.

I'm not wasting it on a game where it won't get implemented or implemented wrong, though.

:roll:

Oh yeah? Well I know where the treasure of the Sierra Madre is buried but I'm not telling!

Just say what your idea is and see where it goes from there :P

Hellion's intimidate was started by a player suggestion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:34 am 
Mortal

Heh, good point, no need for me to be a prude.

Basically, make religions more meaningful by allowing members "in good standing" a very useful passive ability: transubstantiation. Their bodies discorporate on death (moved to a limbo room), and they resurrect with all their equipment.

A workaround would be developed, but the idea is to promote and reward institutional roleplay and give religions, you know, an actual purpose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:38 am 
Mortal

grep wrote:
Heh, good point, no need for me to be a prude.

Basically, make religions more meaningful by allowing members "in good standing" a very useful passive ability: transubstantiation. Their bodies discorporate on death (moved to a limbo room), and they resurrect with all their equipment.

A workaround would be developed, but the idea is to promote and reward institutional roleplay and give religions, you know, an actual purpose.

And shamans?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:45 am 
Mortal

Hmm. Off the top of my head: shamans would show up in a special afterlife and have to complete a quest to get back with their stuff. The corpse, I guess, would show back up after return to life or failure of the quest.

Think... Orpheus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:21 am 
If you take away looting you'll lose players, guaranteed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:24 am 
Mortal

I'm sure we'd lose some trolls, dollface. :drunk:

Though, this is why I'm hesitant to share the idea. I don't think it would be implemented here with sensitivity to what players want, but instead show up in 48 hours based on one interpretation of the mechanic. And then, for years, it would be complained about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:45 pm 
Mortal

Sad to see you go. Realised Maraia was played by someone who had some game knowledge back when I saw her use her horse to bash down a hidden wall.

Wish you would have stuck around. Don't know why you deleted, but Maraia showed promise. Such a loss for team lightie.

And yeah, there are just some toolbags out there that think that PK PK PK! is all that needs to be done in the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:53 pm 
Mortal

Regardless of my plastic bag status (whats that mean btw?) I wish you hadn't deleted Maraia either, what little I'd seen of her I really liked and as ardith said, she had incredible potential. Butchering the corpses should have meant very little considering all the avenues available to your team in getting back.. but I digress.
This particular 'event' wasn't about gear or anything it was diplomaticly motivated. Gear was a perk! But I am sorry that your night was ruined and you, in a fit of rage, deleted a stellar character. You could have tried speaking with one or both of us instead of simply cussing Gliknok out though.
I sincerely hope you stick around and make another character for us and yourself to enjoy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:58 pm 
Mortal

I like Veret, he's come into his own independent of others. Gliknok is a tool though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next