Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 2:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Stratis
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:14 pm 
Mortal

I wonder about these posts from Orac at times.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:36 am 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
Orac wrote:
I hate to say it but his character wasn't much. It seems like you never ever got around to playing him at any time. He never did much or was on much. It's kind of a waste. Rogues can be deadly and in the hands of a good player like this one Stratis could have been alot more memorable.

To bad there's no stats I'm really curious about how many hours was on this character. Oh well. Make something you will stick with I guess.

I can see someone thinking this who didn't interact with him well, but Stratis and Ershya are the reason I took Elreaan out of the Crucible and stuck to Farine. Farine was just a random alt I had played to fill a gap of boredom. Stratis was key in reviving the peacekeepers and his zealous scrupulous rp made many interesting conflicts. Though your dwelling on Syrina was a bit much at times.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:56 am 
Mortal

I figured Stratis was created for the same reason any rogue is created in WoW. To gank people. Everything else, the characterization I saw, was pretty much the same caliber that you'd get from the original Masters of the Universe cartoon. That's not bad. I just didn't get how this was any different from Rynusi.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:33 pm 
Mortal

I really wanted to avoid this thread...But I guess I'll leave my two cents.

I liked Stratis at first. It was nice to see a zealous lightie that wasn't afraid to take crap and actually lay down the law. That aspect is something that isn't explored all that much, however I feel that with Syr, who actually was being honest with Stratis and trying to help him in that ordeal (despite taking that stupid chalice) you, as Trag said above seemed to not want to reconcile at all. Syrina icly tried several times to calmly explore a resolution, yet you wouldn't let it go, and asking him to scrap everything just to be pardoned was a bit over the top, especially when you had lightie after lightie taking Syr's side saying he didn't consort with those that Stratis deemed he did.

While the concept was nice, for some reason, the animosity you held towards my character almost had an ooc level to it at some times. I will however say your zealousness towards landing the kill was absolutely hilarious when it was turned against you that time when Rorey killed you via counterstrike and harle skill. Was fun taunting you though I guess. Brought some excitement to his life.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:05 pm 
Mortal Contributor

Wow. I need to start playing more or something. I saw almost nothing from Stratis. I guess I caught him at the tale end of the character.