Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 2:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Me, gone
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:45 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Vivitnir
I was sort of bummed out after reading your post on the astral boards about your new laws I saw some awesome potential for some RP with you but then I learned that you already deleted. :(

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:16 am 
Mortal

Awe. I really enjoyed rping with Katsuko and when I saw you were gone, I was disappointed. I was looking forward to future battles.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:22 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Aise
My opinions of this character have already been said. Good riddance.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:25 am 
Mortal

SK Character: RAWR!
I honestly never could figure out why any lightie bothered to trust or befriend Katsuko.

She sat in the inn and told Alefi that she wanted him to sponsor a paladin to come up in Zhenshi to challenge her. Katsuko wanted to be known as the darkest dark before the rise of the dawn of Zhenshi. Even after that, people seemed to think that she was harmless, and somehow had the best interests of the nation in mind. The darkest darkness, to me, indicates quite a bit of suffering and malice.

The Empire thing was irritating, and that Katsuko thought she deserved the cooperation of the Western nations to do her jobs made me as a player all the more resistant to acquiesce. Iliphalia refused to align herself with Katsuko, or even work in cooperation with her in a formation. That her friends would do so, and even aid the hellion was a point of contention.

I don't know. She should have been a rogue or something.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:26 am 
Mortal Contributor

katsuko wrote:
Bye.

I'm outa here, this game is dying, no point coming back.

I disagree. SK has more players now then it's had in a long time. I liked katuko alot and I'm sorry to see the player go out so disgruntled.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:51 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
Evena wrote:
I don't know. She should have been a rogue or something.

Nah, rogues can't be aberrant.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:29 pm 
Mortal

evena wrote:
I honestly never could figure out why any lightie bothered to trust or befriend Katsuko.

Iliphalia refused to align herself with Katsuko, or even work in cooperation with her in a formation. That her friends would do so, and even aid the hellion was a point of contention.

Well, as far as my character goes, she didn't know anything about Katsuko's exploits. Almost all of their interactions together involved a(n attempted) defense of Nerina and politics similar to that. She had a lot of reservations about Katsuko, and would have refused -most- forms of aid not directly relating to the city's defense if she'd been asked, but that never really came up. While I can definitely understand why your character, having apparently known so much about Katsuko, and having the background she did, would be completely against Katsuko. I don't think it's necessarily fair to judge the actions of other lighties, though, because maybe their backgrounds allow for a less cookie-cutter idea of right and wrong, y'know?

Anyhow.. Katsuko was definitely interesting from what I saw of her, and I think there was opportunity for a lot of controversy (even more than already existed) and RP. It kind of sucks that I never really got to see the hardcore darkie side of Katsuko that I think might have been about to blossom.. But oh well. I hope you make a new character, and I hope that you end up enjoying that one more than this one.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:39 pm 
Mortal

I could tell early on that this character was destined to suffer, a lot.

I'm kind of sad that it got to her, eventually. She had already gotten through the worst of it. The fact that she had absolutely no PK skills was just kind of unfortunate, for a character destined to produce so much conflict. Still, her RP was stellar, her delivery consistent, and I felt she offered an interesting take on hellion without at all pushing the boundaries of her alignment. She was always interesting to be around, and certainly deserved PAR.

The character's death, I could live with, because it was a concept that was bound to be difficult to play from a PK perspective. The player, however, I will miss. Please let me know via PM if you find anything better, Katsuko.

She really should have been an Ainite. It would have suited her better, both RP-wise and tactically.

---

It's kind of a shame that there are certain game elements that can't help but develop prejudical OOC opinions of every player of a character that their character conflicts with, and high thoughts of every player whose character their character cooperates with.

Alas, this sort of mindset does not actually win SK. It just creates people who flame afterlife threads in ways that manage to be childishly rude, while still offering criticisms that are vague beyond any hope of being logically considered, supported or rebuked.

---

Iliphalia's dogmatic reservation towards Katsuko and anyone who would assist her was the most rational behavior for her character, who I deeply enjoyed. Though from the forums, I do kind of wonder at times exactly how hard Evena has to work to produce her masterfully articulated 'haughty elf' roleplay.

I could explain my own character's reasons for dealing with Katsuko in the way that it did, but, then again, I could not be the kind of person who throws away character perspective just to make forum people happy.

---

Bravo, and I'm sorry to see you go.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:34 pm 
Mortal

I liked Katsuko up until the point when she canceled the alliance with the Black Hand, and decided to go with the Fists. Iureana had always viewed the Fists as weak, and that their current leader was mentally unstable, but she did get a good laugh out of him actually pursuing to commit seppuku in front of her, which he successfully performed, much to Iureana's dismay, and amusement.

As for how she went out, Iureana thought it was proper justice that she was "attacked out of hand" on Northern soil as she said it, when she did the exact same thing to Ncar, on her own turf. Then she went about threatening Iureana, and she wasn't about to have any of that. So with Katsuko's allegiance to the Fists and diplomacy having detoriated she declared war on the Talons because there was no way she was going to allow those that she viewed as the weakest of the weak, the Fists, get a leg up on her.

There's other points I would *like* to touch on, but I think the playerbase is too immature.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:52 am 
Mortal

SK Character: RAWR!
I'm forced to wonder whether there is any mindset that lets you "win SK" and whether Anjin is one to be criticizing my choices for play style. I will say, if you're judging my "haughtiness" by Iliphalia, you obviously weren't around for Caeserea. Ili is actually a fairly well balanced principled character.

I enjoyed Katsuko with both of my alt, but I had pretty limited interactions with her.

As for those who didn't know about Katsuko's desires, it was not for lack of trying on Ili's part. She and Alefi were not the only ones to hear that discussion. I told the story to any who would listen.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next