Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 2:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: PArlim
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:07 am 
Mortal

ladyjennbo wrote:
2.) Ten minutes is ten hours ICly. If I had a picture of my boobs up on some internet site for ten hours, people would still know about it if I took it off. (ask me how I know.) It's public knowledge, dude.

So those was your boobs?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:17 am 
Mortal

I never saw her boobs, I feel left out.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:33 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Jayerm
adhil wrote:
Of course if you talk about a god nobody has heard of its OOC knowledge that Id be playing a thubanite. However, thats OOC. In game nobody can prove or disprove that I follow that God or not. And for the record I had seeking intrigue in my title for ten minutes beofre i tracked down an IMM to induct me in the church. Intriuge is also a Miran concept so that doesnt fly saying it was IC knowledge that my character was a tubanite. Also, like I said, I did not interact with ANYONE until I had distort aura. Now I know we've all been playing this game forever or a lot of us have. But thats no excuse to offhandly ruin someones RP because we all know OOCly what GODs are in the realms. Your character cannot know that there is not a Lord Alcor. Especially with every question I was asked about my god i had an answer for instantly. i worked very hard on creating a believable diety beofre i even rolled the character.

Technically, it's very much IC for a character to believe, or in some case insist knowingly, there is no "Alcor" in the Pantheon. The game world has been around "thousands" of years ICly. I'm pretty sure that during this span of time, an "Alcor" would have been mentioned. From my experience, when a new IMM comes into the world ICly, there is a ton of fanfare and the occasional bloodshed from either the IMM transforming into a new concept or killing the old IMM. The game world is culturally instilled to say that there is X number of gods in the game, and would be resistant to the idea that there is this other god sneaking around the world and nobody knowing of them, IMM or mortal.

Also, since you played A Thubanite, and one of the spheres represented is Deceit. It's perfectly reasonable to call your bluff and say you are a Thubanite, no matter how well practiced your answers are.

I have to side with the people that say this wasn't an OOC thing. I think you just took the gut shot personally and rage deleted. A good sign of quality RP is rolling with the punches, no matter what happens. It's just a game in the end.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:14 am 
Mortal

So I'm the guy who ruined the fun, and that wasn't my intention at all. But my follower of Dulrik saw Parlim seeking intrigue on the who list. That's not OOC info. My char proceeded to tell Heishi to be careful of this Parlim that sought the Talon because although I did not want to besmirch the honor of an innocent person, I was quite positive that I had seen that. And if it were a different character, then I probably wouldn't have given it much thought, and certainly wouldn't have warned Heishi. But as a follower of Truth, I make it a point to watch for such.

And as for the fake god bit, I never met Parlim so nevered heard the name/word Alcor, but believe me I understand. I had a char Ohmchi that tried the same thing. Some were curious, some laughed, some gave very little benefit of the doubt. But I had not labeled myself as seeking (at least to the best of my memory), and so was not called directly a Thubanite, but many that might have trusted me other wise were certainly leary. And if I did ever title myself as a seeker, then I happened to get lucky as I never dealt with any Dulrikians. And if I would have gotten called out for such, it would have been my own fault. I have every intention of trying another Thubanite at some time, because it is so much fun, but its a lot of hard work. I put a lot of effort into Ohmchi and had high hopes, but the fake god bit is really, really tough. Especially if you claim yourself principled and you god the creator of everything.

So sorry again for ruining your fun, and I hope you try again. But everything I did was strictly IC.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:44 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
It's pretty ironic that the guy who did a fairly successful Thubanite-has-fake-god run is also the one who outed Parlim.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:31 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: ArchaicSmurf
ladyjennbo wrote:
It's pretty ironic that the guy who did a fairly successful Thubanite-has-fake-god run is also the one who outed Parlim.

You are incredibly sexy, Jenn.