Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 2:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: [AGE-DEATH] [Spr Sor] [None] Ailee the Big Scary Ghost
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:39 pm 
Gold Donor

Kira wrote:
She was a very helpful character. While I don't always enjoy the goofy RP of sprites, Ailee was decent in my book.

Thank you. I take that as high praise from you.

It is always a personal goal to be helpful with my characters, especially to those new to the game. Having a character such as Ailee to be able to do such things with little worry or restriction on her interactions was (and still is even after death!) an honor.

I promise her ghost will continue to creatively haunt/challenge/help others, new and old!

((some Imm help with that would be nice :D ))

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:07 pm 
Mortal Contributor

Ailee was a great character. I enjoyed playing with her with many of my own characters. You have quite a list of achievements with Ailee congradulations. You have done one thing that has eluded me my entire playing career so to speak. That is break 1000 hours with a character. I consider that an achievement also.

Hope you come back with another.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:05 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Retired Troll
This character was around forever, but I never understood what made her tick. Did she have a backstory? Goals/aspirations etc? She was an anarchist character who spent a considerable amount of time leading a tribunal. That's kind of weird, isn't it?

Ailee was always around, and always willing to help newbs and lowbies, which is cool. I never got a sense of what kind of character she was, though, despite numerous interactions over the course of years.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:21 pm 
Gold Donor

Baldric wrote:
This character was around forever, but I never understood what made her tick. Did she have a backstory? Goals/aspirations etc? She was an anarchist character who spent a considerable amount of time leading a tribunal. That's kind of weird, isn't it?

Ailee was always around, and always willing to help newbs and lowbies, which is cool. I never got a sense of what kind of character she was, though, despite numerous interactions over the course of years.

Her back story wasn't too in-depth. She was an orphan found in the desert by an old man and raised to learn the magical arts. They lived in a cave. I'm not much for ridiculously in-depth back story. Her life was fairly uneventful until she started to go to school in Nerina.

She was anarchist, yes, and led a tribunal for considerable time, yes. During that time, she largely played by her own rules, or the rules she agreed with. She allied with those that a lot of leaders would be shocked at because, well, they helped her. She led the nation to war with ones that were annoying her at the time. A pretty good anarchist leader, if I say so myself.

Aura meant absolutely nothing to her. Magic meant absolutely everything to her, and she could easily relate Magic to anything. More than once she had pissed off some very religious folk by pointing out just how their Lord or Lady and their spheres would have nothing without Magic. She (mostly secretly) thought those who worshiped Zavijah were cute if ignorant of the Unknown, and messed with their heads whenever she could.

She could show the utmost kindness and respect, or she could lie, cheat and steal, depending on her mood. Be it her intention or not, there is a fair amount of her reasoning that could be considered Mystery. Or maybe she was just a mentally un-stable sprite with surprising charisma?

I don't think there is a single character, even her long-time friends, who ever really got the full picture of Ailee. I take that as a job well done.