Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:03 pm 
Mortal

grep wrote:
Blah Blah Blah Blah...

If you judge people in the grand scheme of the universe based on a third person perspective of a made up character in a game... I don't even know where to start with that.

Anyway, the idea that if I kill someone in a PVP game and take five minutes out of their life means that I am a bullying murderous madman in real life is not only outside the realm of supposition, it's flat out ridiculous. You submit yourself to a PVP environment and when the obvious happens and you get killed and not even get looted, you suddenly take it so personally, you attack the actual player?

That has nothing to do with a lack of expression. You obviously just think your right to expression should be considered before anyone else's.

You are right though. This can go nowhere else but you purposefully misconstruing my points and taking them of context. So far out of context, that you are talking about the real world universe, society and tradition :roll: .

And no, it's not anyones job to do anything in a game they are a playing. Take it less seriously. Good grief. I now wash my hands of this topic. My contribution to it is take the game less seriously. It's up to you though.

Last edited by B00ts on Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:49 pm 
Mortal

what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:26 pm 
Mortal

Grep, bro, I love you but you got this one all wrong. Its a game. More than that, its a roleplaying game. People act differently in games, in general. In a RPG, you are SUPPOSED to act differently. Let me tell you a story just to illustrate my point.

So, there I was. 7th grade JV basketball (HEY! I played on JV and varsity!) We were playing these assholes and kicking the [REDACTED] out of them. I was actually a little bad [REDACTED] at the time and I kept stealing the ball from this one black dude. I think it was actually the first black dude I ever played basketball against. I must've stolen it from him 7 or 8 times in just a couple of minutes. Anyway, this dude got a little fed up with it. After stealing the ball from him again I dished it off at half court and watched my teammate lay it in. I turned around and this guy clocked my straight in the eye. I hate to admit it, but I immediately called him a word that would become my first public and mal-intentioned racial slur.

See, in the real world I wouldn't have done that. But in a game, its a little different. I was someone different. I was Jacque Vaughn (only because Mario Chalmers hadn't been invented yet). I was Muggsy Bogues. I was bigger, meaner and tougher than I really was. We have a saying where I come from: "Its gameday. I have no friends." Doesn't matter what is going on, its [REDACTED] game day. That is all that matters. Your friends can go to hell. Games are different than real life.

You know, even today there was an issue that relates here. There was this veteran-level guy talking [REDACTED] to me. He seemed to think that because he was a veteran-level character I wouldn't beat that [REDACTED]. He was wrong. As Mac Dre once sad, "[REDACTED] talks [REDACTED], [REDACTED] gets beat up." Sure, it could be considered griefing. I just don't care. Its what my character would do. Its not what I would do, though. Cause its a game and I roleplay stuff. Just deal with it.

Every single one of us who have played the game for awhile have experienced someone "griefing" them. Gloif. Damacon. They all did it. In the end, it was something that kept me playing, somehow. Just don't give in to the fagging up of America. Don't be a puss-puss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:06 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Snuffles
Guys, this is an afterlife thread.

Stay on topic!

Didn't know this char, but I did know the other two you played and they were cool. Good luck with your next.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:56 am 
Mortal

I seem to be dieing with laughter reading it. Seems on topic to me. sorry. Just seems like an interesting read to me. :drunk:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:00 pm 
Mortal

Torlen wrote:
I seem to be dieing with laughter reading it. Seems on topic to me. sorry. Just seems like an interesting read to me. :drunk:

*dying

Fixed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:04 pm 
Mortal

Magnus wrote:
Sorry to see you go man. It was a blast playing with you. Having you enchant stuff, making you locate stuff, making you go with me to get stuff, ect. No but really it was alot of fun. Good luck on your next!

-Ibej

That suit I enchanted you is the last piece of Ilzangrenes still left in Pyrathia. Don't lose it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:09 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Marcellus
Someone is having fun trolling their own afterlife thread.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6