Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 2:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: PArlim
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:03 pm 
Mortal

I deleted because of OOC crap. My entire Rp has been ruined because of OOC info being passed around in game. I was inducted to Thuban by an IMM and it has never been mentioned in game. I didnt even have a symbol, I destroyed the one I was given by the Imm so it couldnt be located on me.

Post subject: Re: PArlim
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:09 pm 
Mortal

Titles arent OOC info. Sorry you cant hack it bro, if you RPed it our a bit instead of ranting off to me OOC you might have had a chance, but Heishi is ruthless and I dont got patience for whiners.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:12 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: RAWR!
I'm sorry your character was outed, but there is a chance that it may have been completely IC.

The player base has long rejected the idea of community in the Thuban church, even though when I led the faith, I tried to foster the notion. Us versus them . . . didn't fly. Thubanites tend to like to be singular entities and play their hands as they see fit individually instead of "in the name of Lies." Parlim may very well have been revealed IC by another faith member.

(oh, yeah. if you had it in your title for any length of time, that's completely IC)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:13 pm 
Mortal

^

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:32 am 
Mortal

Friend of mine said the following:

So, I met Parlim. And he told me about Alcor, his god. If you play a priest, and are talking about a god noone's ever heard of, pretty much everyone on the game is going to instantly go "Okay, hello, Thubanite."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:20 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
I'm sorry you had a poor experience. :(

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:33 am 
Mortal

Of course if you talk about a god nobody has heard of its OOC knowledge that Id be playing a thubanite. However, thats OOC. In game nobody can prove or disprove that I follow that God or not. And for the record I had seeking intrigue in my title for ten minutes beofre i tracked down an IMM to induct me in the church. Intriuge is also a Miran concept so that doesnt fly saying it was IC knowledge that my character was a tubanite. Also, like I said, I did not interact with ANYONE until I had distort aura. Now I know we've all been playing this game forever or a lot of us have. But thats no excuse to offhandly ruin someones RP because we all know OOCly what GODs are in the realms. Your character cannot know that there is not a Lord Alcor. Especially with every question I was asked about my god i had an answer for instantly. i worked very hard on creating a believable diety beofre i even rolled the character.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:49 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
adhil wrote:
Of course if you talk about a god nobody has heard of its OOC knowledge that Id be playing a thubanite. However, thats OOC. In game nobody can prove or disprove that I follow that God or not. And for the record I had seeking intrigue in my title for ten minutes beofre i tracked down an IMM to induct me in the church. Intriuge is also a Miran concept so that doesnt fly saying it was IC knowledge that my character was a tubanite. Also, like I said, I did not interact with ANYONE until I had distort aura. Now I know we've all been playing this game forever or a lot of us have. But thats no excuse to offhandly ruin someones RP because we all know OOCly what GODs are in the realms. Your character cannot know that there is not a Lord Alcor. Especially with every question I was asked about my god i had an answer for instantly. i worked very hard on creating a believable diety beofre i even rolled the character.

1.) The Pantheon is common IC knowledge. We know who all the immortals and spheres are, and so do all the NPCs, which is why there are shrines and such to them. If there was a new god that suddenly popped out of nowhere, the village people and such would start talking, and it would be known. You have to have some support. That doesn't mean you can't RP fake gods - Ohmchi did it for a long time. But you have to expect the backlash and uncertainty and disbelief.

2.) Ten minutes is ten hours ICly. If I had a picture of my boobs up on some internet site for ten hours, people would still know about it if I took it off. (ask me how I know.) It's public knowledge, dude.

3.) Intrigue is not really a Miran concept. I guess I could see the argument for it, but Intrigue is one of Thuban's SPHERES. Understand the difference? Thuban OWNS the religion of Intrigue.

4.) My character can read books of the Pantheon - there are at least two - and know what gods are which. Back to point one.

5.) Please come back and try recreating. You can have a lot of fun on this game, but you have to work within the rules.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:01 am 
Mortal

SK Character: RAWR!
Jennbo pretty much covered it.

There's no violation of OOC knowledge here.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:05 am 
Mortal

I will express to him how my character took it before he starts ranting again.

For one, I am a Truthy Soldier of the Talon, knowing the Talon has been in much distress I am not welcoming to new ideas. Now, someone
who Heishi trusts very much so, said they saw that you were seeking Intrigue* You already told me OOCLy you never did it in game, but here you are
saying you did have it in your title, that tells alot about the player. But, back to how Heishi is. He is ruthless, merciless when it comes to those that
would do harm to people. Knowing that there was even a hint of doubt that you -were- a thubanite, he cut you off quickly. Deporting was the least of
what I should have done to you. Because if I was a douchebag I would have just killed you and then did it. No mercy, remember?