Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 2:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Sakamoto Anjin
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:55 am 
Mortal

Sakamoto was born into a family of subsistence field laborers that worked the land outside of Nerina. He fell in love with another peasant, a girl one year his younger, when he was fourteen. At fifteen, his innate magical ability was noticed by his parents, who wished to send him to the University of Craeftilian to be educated in sorcery. Sakamoto, compelled by his duty to his family and his desire to gain wisdom and power to benefit the realms, abandoned his earthly love and gave himself over to his studies.

His fate was forever sealed by the gravity of that one mistake.

Now, nearing the age of fifty, having cast away all his possessions and affiliations, he disappears as he has before from the cities and from the minds of the powerful and well-traveled. Somewhere in a hovel in the Uxmaln wilderness, in living conditions too meager to attract any notice, a pot of tea is kept warm. He joins an old friend in retirement there, now content with the immutable existence of evil. He retires at last free of the impulse to model what is into what should be, turning his concerns to his hovel and vegetable garden.

On a morning like any other, several years later, he awakens. Between the sights and sounds of a new day comes the realization, long overdue, that only those whose lives are behind them are ever graced with knowing how to live.

-

The time I spend finding people to RP with is no longer worth the people I find. Hence, Sakamoto, who was intended from the beginning to be my last character, has exhausted his last use. I am therefore done with the game, forever. Thank you to everyone who made the game more interesting, and thank you to Dulrik and the rest of the immstaff that kept the sun rising in the east and setting in the west.

Goodbye.

Edit: He was principled alignment, for those who asked. I still won't bother posting stats.

Last edited by Anjin on Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Sakamoto Anjin
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:14 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Ivstnesr, Drakey
I loved our interactions between him and Ivstnesr. I thought you brought something good to the game, although some actions were a little harsh on this character. I agree, sometimes finding anything going on is hard.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:09 am 
Mortal

You will come back. We all do.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:13 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
People gried Sakamoto a lot on the forums, but I thought he was pretty awesome.

What alignment was he?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:51 am 
Mortal

Anjin wrote:
The time I spend finding people to RP with is no longer worth the people I find.

I was the biggest fan of Aiden, I thought he was on par of awesome as Pilnor. Light-aura, long-term, full-on action RPK leaders = hot. I was also a fan of Jorinthia, she instigated a lot of conflict, and interdiction is so powerful.

I must have missed the golden-age of Sakamoto, after interacting with him on several characters, he just seemed distracted, detached, uninterested - stating the obvious.

You already know - roleplaying takes two to tango. Sakamoto's several pre-set aliases were very well-written, you always write great emotes, but towards the end there he really was just a husk of your former self. I actually tried pretty hard, but I think you were at the end of the ropes a while ago.

I sincerely hope this isn't your last, it doesn't have to be.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:58 am 
Mortal

I really liked Sakamoto from experiences on my current character and my last. Mostly it was all good stuff and the time you invested was precious.

It was problematic that you were never willing to adapt your rp to others rp though. You always tried to force yours through. I can respect that but it often ends up with a dead. I know it from myself at times.

Kudos and I hope to see you around the game sometime soon!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:40 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
I liked Sakamoto's eccentricities, but I also felt like the player reflected the anger and bitterness of what I assume was going on in the forums. I think you're the type of player who should avoid the forums. Hope you come back.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:44 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Retired Troll
I think it was really commendable that you stuck with this character after the difficulties he was having with tigers. That must have been really hard to bounce back from.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:03 am 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
:(

Thank you for being Narlen's mentor.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:07 am 
Mortal

Sakamoto is one of my favourite fictional characters ever.

Quote:
Geese fly across the sky
Into the sunset for winter.

Egret is walking
In my pond but soon takes flight
To join his flock.