o Health: Excellent Mental: Pulsating Physical: Fresh o
o Attribute points: 0 Wimpy: 0 percent Mode: Kill/defensive o
o===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===o
o You are thirsty. o
o You are standing. o
o You may advance to the next level. o
o You have played 821 hour(s) so far. o
oOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOo

Well, this was a bit saddening for me, but all things have to end.

Alis was one of my favorite characters. She was originally a Green-Sands from the Zhang. Her home was raided and her parents killed and she was taken to Teron. There she was auctioned off to some nobles who gave her to their child as a little doll. At first Alis was scared and didn't know what was going on as she was very young when this happened. She and the little girl eventually became very close and Alis' mind became warped and twisted. She began to believe that she was actually a doll and not a Sprite and over time thought the entire world was one giant toybox for her to play in.

A few years passed and the little girl grew up. Alis however, stayed in a perpetual childlike state due to her environment. As the girl grew older and took an interest in boys and less interest in Alis, she became alienated and it quickly wore on her mind. Alis, despite her demeanor, blamed men for all her problems after the girl's parents threw her out on the streets when she had no more interest in her. She was naive and had no concept of money. She had grew up wearing pretty dresses and playing games all her life so she was incredibly naive and ignorant of the world. Hunger made her steal some food and she was caught by the merchant guard of Teron to be taken to the arena there.

She however, saw a side of the arena that she claims no one else saw. That Daemons tortured her and made her do terrible things or else they would destroy one's very spirits. Whether this actually happened or is simply part of Alis' delusions is up to anyone's guess.

At first, Alis wanted revenge on all men of the world. She was intended to be very easy to provoke and quick to kill, but she ended up not quite going that route. Instead, she decided that she was a doll and perfect in every form, thus people should adore and worship her. She was very egotistical and narcissistic about herself. Eventually she justified her actions as showing her love to everyone else, thus she played with people to "keep them from being thrown away like she was." Alis learned that some men were incredibly simple minded. She'd flaunt and tease but she never actually slept with anyone, despite that. Kissing and cuddling was as far as she went as she wanted to maintain her purity. Throughout her life she had a few people she managed to entirely dominate such as Lucius and Tristan and a couple of others I'm forgetting.

As she began to age, Alis met Veghl in the Northern Mines. At the time an immortal had some extra space and liked Alis' title, asking if I wanted to help build an area. After the RP, Alis managed to tempt Veghl (as she puts it on the story) and he, in his devotion, built her a playhouse to her liking. Alis oversaw it's construction and she built the perfect cutesy home that she could live in comfortably. After that however, she started to realize her mortality. She saw that her flesh was temporary and eventually she would wither and fade away. Wanting to last forever, she sought to turn herself into a doll, a real one, and she put off playing with people in favor of her research.

She at first started experimenting on how to make her flesh not age. She created potion after potion testing them on herself until she finally came up with a concoction that was able to transmute flesh to a porcelain like color and make it somewhat regenerative. (This is why her description changed about half way through her life.) After that, she took a few "volunteers" from the mines Veghl was in to practice on hence she has her dolls, Xenia, Alura, Crysta and Nalia.

This wasn't enough. She still eventually realized that she would inevitably die and sought to complete her transformation. That's when she began researching rubies and such trying to create a stone that resembles the powerstone of Taslamar. Whether her research works is up to anyone's guess...

Thanks to everyone who interacted with Alis, good or bad. It's been fun. I may or may not focus on Mephistir. At this rate, GW 2 and college has been taking up most of my time..So I'm uncertain if I'll be around or not.

Post subject: Re: [Spr Sor] Alisu - Queen of Dolls - Pretty Pink Witch
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:29 am 
Mortal

You have a bad habit of whining on the forum and in the game when things don't break your way, which is really irritating. You also have a snowflake syndrome and for some inexplicable reason want good-aligned characters to not only accept your evil characters, but be accommodating of them.

As for this specific character: you abused charm person to force n00bs to dress up like a doll. Be glad I am not an admin or you would have lost access to charm person very quickly. Then you whined whenever someone would attempt to murder your character, both in the game and on forums of public opinion.

Yeah, nothing positive to say about this character. As a player, you should probably play neutral characters instead of evil since you want to be able to interact unhindered with everyone and that is simply not possible as an evil character.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:13 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
While I have always felt like with the sort of player you are, you should play more neutral characters, I didn't think Alisu was so bad. I think you start with great RP concepts in mind and offer a certain variety to the game. You and Nashira certainly created some interesting, pretty areas in Krychire. I do think the charm RP was a bit much, but then again I don't like that other people are trying to control the style of RP. I thought Ealuriel and Alisu had pretty good charm RP, but I definitely see why it wouldn't be some people's cup of tea. But it's a way for even the big bad players to get "owned" once in a while, and it's nice to see RPers have a way to get at the PKers. I don't know - I'm pretty conflicted. I know I would be so pissed if I'd been one of the charm victims, but then again I don't want it to be taken away.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:40 pm 
Mortal

I kind of identify with my characters about how I feel about other characters. So, I loved her with Sandhya, hated her with Galiene and was indifferent with my current. R.I.P. Alisu.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:01 pm 
Mortal

I honestly never really had much interaction with this character, although I have read logs regarding her. As far as charm RP goes, I agree with Jen that Alisu's was pretty good, but I also think that it was kind of annoying to see you whining on the forums when Alisu clearly deserved the treatment she got on occasion.

There's one thing I will always and forever remember about Alsiu for sure, though: Every time I rolled an alt just to mess around with, you would always send me this random tell saying hello and asking what I do for a living. Every. Single. Time. Even when I didn't roll in your home kingdom. I was so startled. :P

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:13 pm 
Mortal

While I didn't get to interact with her till the very end years of her life. I like her. She was kind in a way that she knew if she cashed in that kindness she could get just about anything she wanted.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:05 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: RAWR!
Ehlynn hated Alisu, and Iliphalia was more scared of her than probably any other character. Though Ili had gone toe-to-toe with Kura, she went out of her way to avoid confrontation with the sprite. Basically, the doll freaked her the hell out. The delusion, the disconnect with reality, the grandeur . . . It all made Iliphalia completely terrified of her. She'd rather have playtime with Surrit or Alaric or even Syn's sorc. At least they knew they were cruel -- all attempts to explain why people didn't like Alisu failed miserably -- she was just too far gone to hear any part of reality. Alisu wanted to "play" with Gailehn, and Ili was unconvinced that she could convince her to lay off without getting herself killed (she couldn't have). So, she worked to protect her husband, hiding his hair from the sprite, who fancied it, and warning him whenever she could.

Alisu's reputation preceeded her, and I know it frusrtated you, but you can't really have expected otherwise. She was a freaky, bat [REDACTED] crazy free will theif. People gonna talk.

A different character, for sure. I enjoyed her OOCly, and I like getting her background here.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:12 am 
Gold Donor

I liked Alis from the get-go... probably because she was likely one of Ailee's students back in her younger days! I remember Ailee growing more annoyed as Alisu grew more confident. I remember messing with Alisu on occasion with Qovoq, but generally liking her style seeing her false forms and use of charm as tributes to Thuban!

Speaking of charm, thought it was a perfectly fine usage of it the way you played it. Much nicer than charming someone and running them into some uber-mob, or stripping them then killing them (as I've had done to me more than once).

I say ignore the negative-nancy's and just keep on doing what you do! Looking forward to the next concept.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:35 pm 
Mortal Contributor

Alis was awsome. I actually think she was from what for me was the Estobar era. I liked her alot. I never connected with her in the same way with another character. Very very well done.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:24 am 
Mortal

Didn't have a lot of direct interaction with Alisu, but bumped into her on a few occasions on some of my characters. As evena said, her reputation preceded her. As to trying to interact with both sides of the spectrum, i think it was spot on. Alisu was psychotic and delusional... some evil people DON'T know they're evil. "Well of COURSE i'm going to kill anyone that pisses me off, what's wrong with that?" etc.

Most people think their way is the RIGHT way... So to say "You played a dark-aligned character, you should only interact with other 'evil' characters" is folly. Dark dont usually interact with light because light wants to obliterate them, not the other way around, usually. The Hammer of Light crusades to wipe out all Dark... there is no really equivalent dark-aligned group that makes it their singular mission to wipe out all Light. Light have always been the instigators... the dark just want to do what they want, without having to worry about "morals". I.e., "miscreants" don't run around seeking to destroy the Light, but if soemone gets in their way, the miscrant has no issue with killing them to remove the issue. And that act MAKES them dark.

Similarly, Alisu just wanted to be loved, but her actions in going about it were morally wrong, therefore her soul was "dark". The charm RP was a really good use of that spell I always thought. "oh no, alisu charmed me and took all my stuff" is somehow worse than "oh no alaric ganked me and j-looted me"??? At least Alisu presented it all in RP. Getting killed in battle is something with physical evidence that everyone can wrap their head around, but the idea of having one's mind controlled is SCARY. So charm SHOULD be a bit scary. It's not JUST a tool for getting an NPC meat shield.

As for "you should play grey, not dark"... uh, is there anything more dark than a psychosis that has no moral dilemmas or inhibitions? Dark isn't always about being some conquering force. Sometimes its the little things. Sometimes its about thinking you're just as light as the Light and yet ignoring the fact that you do things that no one of the Light would stomach doing. Alisu had great power and extreme moral naivity. That's a scary combination.

And to that end, yes, Kin, you should have expected Alisu to become infamous. If you're going to play a character like that, you ought to expect to be hunted down like some sort of witch. Althoguh the IC whining was on-point (as a darkie that didn't realize she was doing anything wrong). And I'm not really recalling what OOC forum whining everyone else is referring to, so I won't comment further on that.

All in all, good use of a dark psychosis and good use of charm. That's my vote anyhow.