Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 2:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:39 pm 
Mortal

Coming this summer...

DELEAR 2: He's back and he's pissed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:28 pm 
Mortal Philanthropist

:lol:

Nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:34 pm 
Mortal

Delear for KING of Necropolis!

or smt like this :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:22 am 
Mortal

It has taken me a while to write this post, but only because Delear's passing is one that affects my life as player incredibly.

Delear was.... so many things, heh. He inspired roleplay like few long-lived characters have managed. He changed the course of history, in more ways than one.

My very first character feared him like no other. He became the demon in her nightmares, and the whispering evil always in the back of her mind. With the help of a certain scry tool and a cabal spell, he convinced her that he could hear her thoughts all places and always, and there was no place safe to flee.

There was one time, walking through Nerina, when a NPC, a completely normal NPC, suddenly turned as she walked by, its eyes empty. It was a single emote, and it made the hairs on my arms stand. Came and went so fast, it was the best creepy-effect I've ever seen.

The sweet deception of Glasia, charming her and bringing her to sit whimpering by his feet in Krychire, cemented my love for SK and its roleplay. Glasia promising to keep her safe from the summon attempts to lure her out of her camouflaged hiding in the wilderness, Delear's voice sending her running across Pyrathia a bundle of nerves.... Meh. It was beautiful and scary and intense and roleplay at its very best.

With Alea, I saw a rather different side of him. Heh! I remember one episode especially, when he, his undead, Schkazix and Alea were in N'Kaysha, and she got into an argument with the undead. His response, and his own discussion with the undead about whether to leave her trapped in N'kaysha for all eternity, was fun stuff. Heh! Thank gods for Schkazix :P.

In every log I have read with Delear, he made a difference. Even when he was passive, he was a catalyst. A great roleplayer, a great PK'er, but first and most important of all, an incredible, unsurpassed catalyst and instigator.

I miss him horribly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:09 am 
Mortal

I have been away, so I missed your passing. Forgive me for posting late.

For those that say Delear was just an above average character, I would argue that you never have been graced by some of his witty, quick, creepy, hilarious, and colorful role playing. Either that or you were too slow or distracted to see it.
Delear’s player…no…I will call him Delear. Delear had a bizarre talent for making a scrolling code-filled text turn into a riveting novel. And I am not even sure how exactly he did it! Whether it was timing, mood, emotes, pemotes, plot building, or something else. All I know is that it was brilliant and beyond me, or any other character I have witnessed (Ghent included). Because of our cabal affiliation, I was able to see some of his inner thoughts and ideas, and share some grand moments with him. He added so much to this game in my eyes, that I thought this game was something more than it was. I miss those times. Now that this character is gone, I feel like I can finally let SK go.

Player of Delear, thank you. In honesty, your character is the sole reason that I argued with the gods over creating a Lich class a few months back. Sorry that idea failed brother. I suppose though, if there was not to be an ending, the time you had would not have been so good, and all good things do thus end.

If you think your character will have some sort of tormented afterlife peace, you will hear a knock and find the spirit of Lucius descended into the Hells to hear your stories or to play chess with you. I promise he won't kiss you. Ha!

Take care.

-Jason

Post subject: .
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:46 am 
Mortal

Run Delear. Run and hide. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:13 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Salak
Revenger wrote:
Delear for KING of Necropolis!

or smt like this :P

The correct title you are looking for is "Plaguelord of the Necropolis" and it's been historically reserved for halflings.

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:14 pm 
Mortal

Wtf, how's it reserved for hobbits?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:27 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Salak
It's okay. Most people have no idea who Bolomar was (is, if you know where to look). The title was invented years ago, before most of the current players on SK were even born.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:47 pm 
Mortal

I know who/where Bolomor the Lich is.

I'd swear I invented the Plaguelord title when I had Mortimor though.

It was my second char and my memory could be hazy, admittedly.

That was back when I chilled with Darken and Maledictus.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next