Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Oct 13, 2024 6:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:08 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Cyndane - Talys
Veret has kind of grown on me. I used to think he was a bit of an idiot. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:06 pm 
Mortal

I've fought Gliknok a hell of a lot, but honestly I never got anything but respect from him. Maybe I just expect less from other players, but I always felt like I was treated fairly whenever I fought him or Veret. I've never really exchanged more than a few polite out-of-character words with either one of them, but I always enjoyed myself OOCly in our fights. I dunno what everyone else's problem is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:21 pm 
TMS Cheerleader

SK Character: Addison
I've got respect for gliknok and veret, helped me whenever I've needed it, even if veret was a dick/[REDACTED] about it, you just have to seen through the bs that is laid out. And never interacted with the char, but next time I suggest on a return roll a greybie, just so you can get a feel for the pk situation without directly getting involved. Sorry to see you go

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:42 pm 
Mortal

I think Gliknok and Veret are great for the game. I'll just leave it at that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:45 pm 
Mortal

Gliknok and Veret are both sweeties when they can be. I'd hit it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:56 pm 
Mortal

This makes me sad :( I was really excited about Maraia.

That said, I don't think think losing loot is that big of a deal. Ask anyone who has killed me after I've had to re-equip, I never [REDACTED] about it. I'm sure Edoras and Gliknok can both show you logs where when I do goo OOC its almost always to say well done. I've lost a -lot- of EQ in a few of those deaths, but I always just stay pretty calm, or at least I think I do. I honestly think being able to take something "leet" from an opposing player if you can manage to kill them is the most appealing aspect of the game!

I am saddened to see you depart, and really hope you come back! If not, good luch and travels with you my friend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:41 pm 
Mortal

People don't want to be killed for phat lootz? simple, don't wear them. walk around in bronze armor an see how often you get PKed by strangers and looted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:03 pm 
Mortal

You got killed because you tried to save Beia's loot. Don't act like this happened for no reason. I honestly can't believe this got that far with a judgment on Gliknok and Veret because you decided to get involved and then conveniently not mention your involvement. However, all this attention has made me feel pretty good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:40 pm 
Mortal

I never met Maraia on any of my characters. The times I did try to spark some RP with one of my characters, you were quiet mode. The times I spoke with you OOC, I grew to like you and you seemed like a good person.

That being said, Veret and Gliknok are both great people. Gliknok likes to PK a lot, yes but he does have a solid character.

As for you deleting, I really wish you wouldn't have. I was looking forward to fighting Maraia with one of my darkies, but perhaps you can make another.

I don't mind being killed over loot and such. My problem stems from the ease of destroying corpses. Butcher, skin etc. It automatically kills two ways of resurrection (breath of life + raise dead) and only leaves with 2 other options. Oracle, in which you lose experience, or resurrection in which there isn't always a friendly priest on, especially becoming more common a problem nowadays.

The way I see it, especially with how important exp could be in the later levels given familiarity, there should be alternate ways to gain back life that don't require exp being sucked away from you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:39 pm 
Mortal

Try finding a friendly priest being a darkie.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next