Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri Oct 11, 2024 7:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Lelahiah (And Likimeya)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:34 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Cyndane - Talys
Whatever, I'm taking another break. Back to my MUX I go.

Everybody on this game needs to stop whining about numbers.

I am the only person who plays that pretty much never groups (or teams up) with other PCs for PK.

Everybody needs to stop crying about looting, and stop doing it too(aside from when Sycrin pissed me off, I think the only person I full looted was Khurt, and that was mostly because he's lame and abused adjectives). Very rarely do you actually need the eq somebody has. Take their scripted loot and consumables and give back the rest.

~~~

On a completely random side note, holy crap. Will some IMM please fix the way the Sadr sacred eq is acquired.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:38 pm 
Mortal

My characters and I will miss you. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us. Please don't be a stranger. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:02 pm 
Mortal

I win

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:07 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
Sad to see you go Syn. You make me mad and happy. But you do add to this mud.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:08 pm 
Mortal

I was hoping that this character would pan out. I don't know why I had Mira flag you with leadership at this point though. I should have given it to someone who might have been longer lived.

And you should have known better than to buy into a psychological argument of "come face me 1v1" It's used by people that have the advantage and can't possibly lose all the time, people that only have the mindset to try and win the game.

You need to get a grip and not rage delete either. I'd have hooked you up again when I logged on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:12 pm 
Mortal

Oh. Warlocks suck too.

All it takes is somebody to go 'c disp elem' and your warlock is at best useless for half an hour or so. At worst, your warlock just died.

Dulrik...how hard is it to make elementals immune to dispel magic?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:14 pm 
Mortal

WickedWitch wrote:
Oh. Warlocks suck too.

All it takes is somebody to go 'c disp elem' and your warlock is at best useless for half an hour or so. At worst, your warlock just died.

Dulrik...how hard is it to make elementals immune to dispel magic?

You knew this before you started. I think you did admirably with the class with the disadvantages that warlocks have to work with against the rest of the classes in the mud.

Lightie side is going to be worse off with Lelah gone =T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:36 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
It sucks to see you go, but while the numbers argument is annoying, you can't expect everyone to face you 1v1, especially when you factor in that you did all of your PvP at your greatest strengths: That is, you were an elf in a trib and you always fought with a guard NPC and without being outlawed. That's better than any cabal skill/ability (especially against people vulnerable to bolts) and unless someone just feels like wasting consumables on you they're probably going to get help.

That said, I was hoping to get you alone at the end, but Trag wanted his armor back, and I also wasn't going to stand by while you spam bolted him to death.

As for warlocks not being balanced, magma could use a look, but not much of one: It's primarily only bad against magically resistant races. You just never learned that to kill most people as a warlock you need to kill what's in FRONT of them and then bash them with your elemental. Also, you should have used chain lightning against me to deal with my mirror images. You can even do it in the room and it won't make your elemental or guard NPC leave your group. Locks are also king in groups as healers and fireball cannons.

ADDENDUM: As a last thought, you should learn to be a group player. You shouldn't be able to solo the entire mud, and most good PvP isn't 1v1. Being a solo king is great, but without the patience or ability to work with other people you won't get very far.

You should also make sure to give yourself some time off before you decide to delete a character. You've deleted a lot of good ones within minutes of getting ganked, and thrown a lot of good RP and character building away with them. Take a couple days and get some perspective before you decide to quit, there's more to SK than PvP.

Last edited by Edoras on Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Lelahiah (And Likimeya)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:36 pm 
Mortal

WickedWitch wrote:
to my MUX I go
Linky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:39 pm 
Mortal

Quote:
<=(HP=100%|ME= 64%|PE= 89%)=>
>
You hear foot steps nearby.

>
outlaw status
You are a criminal in this land.

>
l s
You see Menegroth Commons.
Bill Kourney, a matte-black halberd, Antiira, a handsome male halfling and a lithe female human are nearby south from here.

Edoras, not my fault you kept doing me the favor of leaving the Moon.

Notice not a single time in that skirmish did I go into the inn. Almost all of the Menegroth guards do not detect.