Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri Oct 11, 2024 9:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:40 pm 
Mortal

Edoras wrote:
It sucks to see you go, but while the numbers argument is annoying, you can't expect everyone to face you 1v1, especially when you factor in that you did all of your PvP at your greatest strengths: That is, you were an elf in a trib and you always fought with a guard NPC and without being outlawed. That's better than any cabal skill/ability (especially against people vulnerable to bolts) and unless someone just feels like wasting consumables on you they're probably going to get help.

That said, I was hoping to get you alone at the end, but Trag wanted his armor back, and I also wasn't going to stand by while you spam bolted him to death.

As for warlocks not being balanced, magma could use a look, but not much of one: It's primarily only bad against magically resistant races. You just never learned that to kill most people as a warlock you need to kill what's in FRONT of them and then bash them with your elemental. Also, you should have used chain lightning against me to deal with my mirror images. You can even do it in the room and it won't make your elemental or guard NPC leave your group. Locks are also king in groups as healers and fireball cannons.

This advice is a joke. An elemental is not going to kill someone. The reason she never used chain lightning against your mage was because of that [REDACTED] Crucible spell which severely needs to be hit with the nerf bat. But I dunno, it was pretty funny watching you kill yourself with it.

And there are so many problems with elementals it's not funny. A lot of the time Lelah was without one because they are more hassle than it's worth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:43 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
WickedWitch wrote:
Edoras, not my fault you kept doing me the favor of leaving the Moon.

Notice not a single time in that skirmish did I go into the inn. Almost all of the Menegroth guards do not detect.
Hah, touche. Faerie fire would have been a good idea then it seems.

You only need one cast of chain lightning to take out most of someone's images, imba spell aside. Here's something she never did that was golden on my warlock: Chain lightning from a room away twice, run in, order ele dirt sorcerer. Ta da, no more dispel. Most people don't think to land their elemental and utilize dirt kick.

And my point isn't that for the elemental to kill someone with raw damage. It's that an elf warlock can easily fit in two magmas between bashes, and non-magically resistant PC's aren't going to survive two, maybe three bashes at that rate.

Not to mention as soon as you kill one person you can grab their stuff and leave, or just order the paladin guard NPC with you to cure critical your elemental and keep on trucking.

Fear wands and charm person wands are also underrated. If I were Lelahiah I'd have kept 3 or more charm wands at all times and picked up an extra NPC just because I could.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:50 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Cyndane - Talys
Anyways, no hard feelings for anybody. Was fun playing. Enjoy, guys. I'm sure I'll be back. I always am.

I just read that and had to add that those charm wands are just flat out stupid. I did consider using them a few times, but decided it was just too lame. I mean, they're freaking sold in a shop.

The Taslamar KD needs to remove those.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:53 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
They're not useful against players unless they have terribad willpower (I'm looking at you, Trag's bard). They don't even work on NPCs half the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:54 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
I think Syn should probably get a non-computer-based hobby :P

I bet you'd be good in a kickboxing class.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:00 pm 
Mortal

I think Syn would be good à la mode.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:05 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Vusaria, Vakria, Valisera
No! I really liked this character...and I like all of Syn's characters I have been able to hang out with. I hope you come back soon as a lightie again so Vakria can hang with you again!

Vakria

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:15 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Snuffles
I totally guessed that you were Likimeya! :D

It's always bad when a player leaves, especially a skilled one such as syn. You bring a lot of action to the mud, I just hope that when you return you would put at least a little more emphasis on RP as well.

Best of luck to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:21 am 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
Edoras wrote:
They're not useful against players unless they have terribad willpower (I'm looking at you, Trag's bard). They don't even work on NPCs half the time.

:cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:06 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Cyndane - Talys
Sakhul wrote:
It's always bad when a player leaves, especially a skilled one such as syn. You bring a lot of action to the mud, I just hope that when you return you would put at least a little more emphasis on RP as well.

When I'm not playing SK, I tend to gravitate towards RP-only games. Probably because SK is the only PKing/leveling game I've ever been able to level on and somewhat enjoy.

The RP on SK just tends to not be that entertaining, or that prevalent. Every once in a while you'll find a very fun pearl or whatever, but most of the time it's just boring non-sense, loot gathering, and PK.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next