Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri Oct 11, 2024 9:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:15 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Snuffles
Sad, but true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:26 am 
Mortal

Sakhul wrote:
Sad, but true.

I love that song.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:49 am 
Mortal Contributor

I'm sorry to see Edoras spewing advice on this thread. You suck Edoras, so did Turon so does Antiira. Leave Syn alone.

Leliahiah was awsome. You don't know who I play but my char new Leliahiah fairly well and you made a great char from my perspective. So much better then alot of the pk machines I've seen you come up with, even though you tended to degenerate into a pk machine with this char toward the end, and so what? You did it really well.

I was very impressed with everything I saw on the forums and in the game. Warlocks are hard to play, you made it look easy. You can get bsed through stoneskin and die with crap elf hps (ofcourse Antiira is to dumb to say charm Fivel and bs you with a stoneskin breaking weapon just charm waish/lathron that's all he can do, no brains no tactics), you can have your elem dispelled leaving you helpless almost, and alot more. I was glad to play with this character.

Personally I think Syn abandons rp alot and becomes a pk machine which is her biggest fault. I'm not saying you have to pk with others but this game isn't geared toward loners like you and me.

I even knew your delf swash a bit, she was okay too, but she didn't last long enough to get to know. What's a MUX btw?

Last edited by Orac on Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:22 am 
Mortal

Orac wrote:
I'm sorry to see Edoras spewing advice on this thread. You suck Edoras, so did Turon so does Antiira. Leave Syn alone.

LEAVE SYN ALONE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:29 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Phreya, Kouin, Nosephthyki
Aww elf child....damn you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:18 am 
Mortal

Well, this sucks. Kirken really appreciated Lelahiah because she was one of few characters that actually scared him. Tribunal warlocks played by skilled players are a scary combo, and you're scary anyway.

As for the "no RP" portion, I think that's a much as failling on your part as anyone else's. Kirken had a nice session with you while you were still leveling up, but even then your sense of entitlement was so overwhelming that it was hard to actually maintain a dialogue. Even so, with all of the lighties about, it's a shame you couldn't get someone to interact with you in a more fulfilling fashion.

Honestly, I was hoping that, playing this more crippled combination, you'd be interested in slowing down a little bit. I still hold out hope that your return will bring something a little less interested in the grind and a little more interested in the interactions.

But whatever it is, I look forward to your next.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:58 am 
Mortal

There's no such thing as roleplay that isn't trite and nonsensical to some degree in a game with no storytellers/GMs/DMs/etc. At the end of the day, there's either someone on a soap box or a bunch of people roleplaying themselves being bored in every scenario.

Perhaps Syn should venture to the dark side.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:09 am 
Mortal Contributor

Nightwing wrote:

As for the "no RP" portion, I think that's a much as failling on your part as anyone else's. Kirken had a nice session with you while you were still leveling up, but even then your sense of entitlement was so overwhelming that it was hard to actually maintain a dialogue. Even so, with all of the lighties about, it's a shame you couldn't get someone to interact with you in a more fulfilling fashion.

That is what I meant by degenerated. There was some nice rp coming out of that char and slowly but surely it just slowed to nothing. Just all pk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:21 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Phreya, Kouin, Nosephthyki
grep wrote:
There's no such thing as roleplay that isn't trite and nonsensical to some degree in a game with no storytellers/GMs/DMs/etc. At the end of the day, there's either someone on a soap box or a bunch of people roleplaying themselves being bored in every scenario.

Perhaps Syn should venture to the dark side.

There are some who are still storytellers. And I think that from time to time there has been some very refreshing characters and RP being sparked. I did enjoy my first couple of encounters with Lela. It was the same with Faedra as well. But then things began to dissolve.

I guess only syn can really say why it happens that way for her. But after seeing the capacity of the player to have a good balance between rp and pk with Ealuriel, I know it can be done. I firmly believe though that breaks are good. So, looking forward to seeing you when you get back Syn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:39 am 
Mortal

By storyteller, I refer to someone without a character who acts as an arbitrator, administrator, and plot delivery device. You know, a dungeon master, but with less whips and more daylight.

I would like to see more immortal involvement not with GRP (which is a silly endeavor), but simply with messing around with things. It's what I would be doing, at least. Giving people things to think and react about, since it is impossible to truly give people things to do.

To do so, they'd need time and a little bit of creative license with things. I'm not sure how much their hands are tied on what they can and can't do and give to players, so I'm not too eager to blame the immortals for the lack of meaningful interactions.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next