Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 11:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:20 pm 
Mortal

Tragonis wrote:
I'm not really concerned with the particulars of roleplay. It's just an excuse to be a dick to people.

fix'd?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:44 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
Since when has the actions of players not been rp? If I type kill bob, I am roleplaying killing bob. Just because I do not emote the slaughter, doesn't mean the void of rp. I know historicly that pk has always been considered void of rp because that is all that happend. But I spoke with the character I killed, as well as two others who where in the city following the event. And had the joy with interacting with the griffon the next day when he tried to get back at me.

Sometimes I engage in some small talk before I let the guns blazing, but other times I get right to it. As far as I know, I am not breaking any rules, nor the goldenrule. I am sorry if I am hurting anyone's game experience with the way I play my characters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:52 pm 
Mortal

Being a dick isn't against the rules. The golden rule is a hopeless pipe dream in the face of the sack of lolviltrax'd that is people like you.

At least, that's the premise of this thread which you have failed to discount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:24 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
Sure he is sour because one of his recent engagements was with me. But I think the overall character concept and its inability to be viable in the game troubled him more then me.

I still like to think I bring more to this game then I take. As I said before, I am sorry I took something away from you, Ilzangrenes. See you around in the game.

P.S. My religion spell isn't the only one that lets me kill someone without being reported for murder. I can think of two cabal spells, magma, poison and plague that will do the same. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:32 pm 
Mortal

On his defense, he did such to my PC.. And it got my PC questioning if she has a right to call a war on the faith or just his PC.. And other moral questions that come with being in a position of power.

So he summon spiders at my PC.. Twice.. =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:05 pm 
Mortal

dufelt wrote:
Oh wait, one more laugh at your expense ... wishing to remain anonymous ... by creating a forum account in the same name as your character. Priceless.

What I mean, is that I try to remain anonymous from the other characters I've played, since I've been with the mud for several years, so that people can take them for what they are, instead of viewing them through the lens of "What's-its-face's-sorceror." Derpity derp.

-----------

Trag, I looked at you, in an inn. You looked at me. Some people I was travelling with had a brief conversation with you, we didn't speak.
This isn't background roleplay for a PK.

You may be able to invent a fleshed out "character" in your mind whose personality, independent from your own in some devilish detail, compels him to go around randomly killing people, because of XYZ in his childhood. While this technically doesn't fail to represent a character, it will still frequently be seen as a shallow vessel for your own bored, violent whims.

Kind of like Rokki, back in the day, whose "character concept" was randomly mode stun backstabbing people and stealing things he didn't want or need, just to see if he could. While people like that clearly exist in the spectrum of human psychology, as acutely evidenced by you, Trag, and the part of the mud you represent, that doesn't keep us from seeing your roleplay as the bound and gagged servant to your desire to go beat the crap out of things.

And stop calling my griffon a he. Though it shows just how much attention you pay to such frivolously PK-unaffecting things before you go a'dorking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:15 pm 
Mortal

Tragonis wrote:
But I think the overall character concept and its inability to be viable in the game troubled him more then me.

That said, this is completely true. However, my concept is something that only I can help myself with- your dorkiness, though a footnote in what was Ilzangrenes, is just more relevant to the people reading my thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:40 pm 
Mortal

Tragonis wrote:
Sure he is sour because one of his recent engagements was with me.

I think he is sour because you suck, actually. You could potentially develop from his criticism, but it would appear you like defending yourself more than you like challenging yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:34 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
I greatly enjoyed interactions with you as Menkh. Enjoy your breather, hope to see you back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:18 pm 
Mortal

All of this hate directed at Elreaan is completely unwarranted based on the circumstance described. I can only imagine some of the players involved have something beyond this against Tragonis.

Elreaan performed an act that was perfectly in-character for him, it resulted in the death of another character, and an interaction spawned from it.

From an OOC perspective, this was hardly griefing - so far as I can tell Elreaan took nothing from Ilzangrenes' corpse, did not energy drain him, etc. etc. That means that the player of Ilzangrenes was "set back" no more than a few minutes of time and otherwise came out of it unscathed.

On topic:
I liked Ilzangrenes and appreciated her "weaknesses" because I could tell the player did not share them and was adhering to character anyway. Kudos.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next