Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 10:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:15 pm 
Mortal Contributor

Where do I begin to comment on this character? :o

Hanathena was excellent. She was just great. She had a huge impact on Estobar for his entire life. Estobar viewed her as a very wise friend who was totally objective toward the actions of the hammer. Actions Estobar had been viewing as increasingly corrupt for a good length of time.

Before Estobar Joined the Hammer the second time it was Hanathena's revalations of things that the Hammer had done since he had left that made Estobar rejoin hammer and not the peacekeepers like I had been leaning toward doing.

I briefly considered forming my own hammer and leading it from the tower of the rose to crusade against the actual hammer, I had the support of some current hammer members at the time but in the end I was persuaded to rejoin the actual hammer. Hanathena was fairly heavily involved in that too.

Hanathena also stongly influenced Estobars decision to dishonorably discharge Commander Hagrel and assume leadership (something I really did not want to do oocly).

I have had great interactions with hanathena with many other characters as well, I think even predating estobar, all of them good. I would like to congradulate the player for joining the 3000 club. Over three thousand hours on one char is an incredible feat. I think my best is either slightly less then or slightly more then 800. I've never broken 900 hours on one character for sure.

I would also like to express my very very deep regret one last time for marring this great players good name with bullcrap accusations of mulitplay on the other sk forum. That mistake has haunted me to this day especially considering the respect and credibility my views seemed to have been given at that time. I truly regret that.

I will never accuse a player of cheating again. If I think something is going on I will turn it over to the imms and they can investigate. If I'm right I'm right, if I'm wrong no one will be publicly humiliated and lied about.

I am very glad with the exodus of a lot of top notch talent this past year from the game that we are holding on to players like Honeypie1. I'm also very glad that she takes the time to pm me and keep in touch even though I am very inactive these days myself.

Lot's of great RP came from this character and I hope this post is a tribute worthy of such a fantastic long term and well played character.

One final note. If anyone wants to rag on Estobar please just pm me. I don't want to turn this into an Estobar/Hammer cry festival. This is about Hanathena, who was one of the most influential characters in Estobars life, and along with Nico, Baalu, baba, and Pesos harlequin dwarf barb, was one of the most trusted non hammers Estobar knew. From Estobars point of view they were very close.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:47 pm 
Mortal

Evena - lol - Alcarin is her maiden name! and I did recall a bunch out of fights. I was given advice that I should recall when in a losing fight so that I could resurrect. I think it was just my newb bad timing.

Orac - you make me blush.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:56 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: RAWR!
That's a relief. LMAO. But her first husband was a dwarf, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:58 pm 
Mortal

You are correct.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:05 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
Antiira will miss Hanathena, if only because it's one less person to torment. Hanathena was one of those constants in SK, I ran into her on almost every character I played during her lifetime, and she was always the same helpful, consistent character: Ready to enchant a weapon or hand out some coin to a new player. I'm sure you were a great influence to many a newbie.

I understand that you don't like to PvP much, but I enjoyed the times that I nudged you into the PvP scene, and I tried not to be overbearing to you in the process. Fun times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:00 pm 
Mortal

Edoras wrote:
Antiira will miss Hanathena, if only because it's one less person to torment. Hanathena was one of those constants in SK, I ran into her on almost every character I played during her lifetime, and she was always the same helpful, consistent character: Ready to enchant a weapon or hand out some coin to a new player. I'm sure you were a great influence to many a newbie.

I understand that you don't like to PvP much, but I enjoyed the times that I nudged you into the PvP scene, and I tried not to be overbearing to you in the process. Fun times.

ilu.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:04 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Snuffles
I once pk'd Hanathena.

It was fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:37 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: None!
I interacted with Hanathena back to my first character, all the way through to my latest main Agaleia with the most interaction coming with Agaleia. I only wish I would've interacted with her even more. Congratulations on the longevity of this character, and all that she achieved over her lifespan. Thank you, thank you, thank you, and good luck with your next.

Agaleia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:16 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Retired Troll
This character had a huge impact on Aldric. Thank you for sharing her with us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:24 pm 
Mortal

Hanathena was the end of Amschel. I forgot why, Hanathena pissed off Amschel and he charged. After that, people started to hate Amschel.

Wait... no. People hated Amschel since birth. But after he charged Hanathena that hatred was seen in more places than just [REDACTED]. Thanks for doing whatever it was you did to [REDACTED] him off.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next