Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 9:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:15 am 
Mortal

I got to see Baba from both sides - as an enemy on Maladash (he hate hate HATED the fact that he never did kill you btw) and an ally on Baalu(I pretty much felt invincible if you were with me for pk online with Baalu). Baba had a lot to do with why I made Baalu the way he was and affected my decision to go GoA. I wholeheartedly agree that you are unsurpassed in every aspect of this game.

What a great character. I could go on and on about this one. Job well done, pudgy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:16 am 
Mortal

Baba made everyone he played with feel invincible (except, obviously, his enemies). You are one bad [REDACTED] player.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:44 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Snuffles
Oh right, I totally forgot to say that Baba was an awesome character. Looking forward to seeing what you'll come up with next.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:17 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Cyndane - Talys
jhorleb really is one of the best players SK has around. Baba was great all around, and I definitely wouldn't have figured out as much of the Dreamscape as I did without him. Good times!

Good luck with whatever you do next.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:46 am 
Mortal

I am very glad to have met Baba, having witnessed his progression through SK, Indeed, the mud is lucky to have had him, and for such a long time. From time to time in my five (five?) year hiatus I checked back on the forums and saw that he still lit a torch and mentioned a few of my characters on the favorite character threads that made me smile and perhaps contemplate coming back one day.

I did get a chance to help and RP with even his Jhorleb incarnation when he was the noob and I was the seasoned player, the tables turned somewhere down the line and he did surpass a lot of what I did (I couldn't hold a character for very long, [None of my characters have ever age ticked]) for that and what he inspired: here's to you player of pudgy: You are my favorite character in SK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:24 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Retired Troll
jhorleb for IMM!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:46 am 
Mortal

The last thing the game needs is to lose Jhorleb to the Pantheon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:12 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: RAWR!
He'd be the most logical candidate for promotion, though. I'm kinda surprised he's not already an IMM. Or maybe he turned it down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:42 pm 
Mortal

The game has lost so many amazing players to IMMing. Unfortunately the game needs admins but it also needs good players.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:09 pm 
Mortal

The game doesn't necessarily need more admins, it needs mechanics that make the value of one human admin more than it currently is. There are like 15 people who are admins who can basically only tell me, under many situations, that they'd love to help but can't.

Jhorleb doesn't need to be turned into a lame duck. The only thing I could think of justifying it would be if he had amazing building talents or was a level-headed administrative figure, but neither of those have anything to do with being a good player.... the fact that I think Jhorleb is these things notwithstanding, it's a peter principle issue.

Right now I think we should basically promote people to IMMs who could stand to be toned down a few notches by all the bureaucratic BS they have to deal with. Like.... Edoras, or Ardith. They're make fantastic contributions to the pantheon. They'd fit right in.

Jhorleb just needs to roll another character. :P I think he's done more for retaining MUD membership through his roleplay than even five immortals have done through their... immortaling.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next