Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 11:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:25 am 
Mortal

grep wrote:
I was always curious -- how is the name supposed to be pronounced?

Jay-gurr Lind

Not sure what inspired the name, because it wasn't until after I made the character that someone pointed out to me that if used the title "Meister", I would be named after the drink. Picked it up somewhere on the intarwebz, I'm sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:32 am 
Mortal

Kin wrote:
Jaegyr in my mind was absolutely legendary as a bard. Literally there are still testaments to him in game. (NPC's that sing his songs etc.) That's very impressive. I honestly think that Syrina wouldn't even hold a candle to jaegyr, though I have to admit, your character partly inspired me to make Senik at the time when I made him. (My first bard before Syrina.)

Good luck and hope you come back shoudl you ever get time.

Thanks! The in-game singers are a testament to Algorab's hard work. Given how many "songs" I had been writing at the time (about a dozen or so at that point, with about an avg of 30+ lines) I was inspired by a request he'd made for player-written songs and was determined that at least some of them would be added into the game as permanent objects or on the NPCs.

The only ones that were added to the game through direct roleplay were the Taslamaran Anthem (sung randomly by the bard at the Taslamar squre, I think) and the one on the violet scroll that loads in their newbie academy. A bit of ego in that, sure, but he WAS a bard. :)

But yeah, Alograb gets many kudos and thanks for establishing that part of Jaegyr's legacy. Not sure if he's still around, but he deserves the credit for that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:17 pm 
Mortal Contributor

Cool guy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:56 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Ivstnesr, Drakey
Qualy <3'd him, but its been so long I can not think of any particular instance..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:41 pm 
Mortal

Dexity wrote:
Qualy <3'd him, but its been so long I can not think of any particular instance..

Qualy was the pink-bearded female (?) dwarf, right? I don't think I directly roleplayed with it much, though they did group together a lot, mostly with the imperials I think? I tried to keep it light on the roleplay except during the song dragon stuff, to avoid annoying people while we were in combat. Busting out an anthem while getting slapped around by a NPC tends to [REDACTED] people off. :)

Jaegyr's interactions are fairly easy for me to remember when I look up my song names, just because most of them were central to my roleplay and I generally had people they were written for.

Examples:
Bard's Tournament
Clarion (Sargas Improvisation Challenge, Kral?), Burning Star (Imperial Anthem, Pertinax, etc), Heaven-Sent (Aludran Challenge, Caesera), Wildworld (Miran Challenge, Faerti), Pyrathian Turnings (Zavijan Challenge, Hanathena), Leviathan (Sakhul's Challenge), Wellspring (Meissan Challenge, Caesarea?)

Yeah, that was an insane amount of writing in that tournament.

Union ("Black Widow" Vebard's Love Song to Benjamin Williams)
~ Short and intimidating roleplaying experience.
Born of the Moon (Desicari, I think)
Envy's Curse
~ Written as a farce for some annoying sprite.
Millenia (First song, written for Aise as part of the Death of Achernar, Changing of the Millenium Roleplay that was happening at the time)
~ Orcsbane (Written for Faerti, Jaegyr's first adventuring companion and assistant in RP'ing exploring the Orc's Nest
~ Quaver (Written for 'Quaver' the cursed violin that ate part of Jaegyr's soul). That was some evilness all around.
~ Southern Cross (Horrible attempt at a Yiggmas song)
~ The Siege (epic tragedy written with two versions, one for Ragnal's lighties and one for the necs Jaegyr got tangled up with)
~ Threefold Glory (Taslamaran Anthem, Ragnal and company)

Ridiculous number of wedding songs and all sorts of other random songs in there that were created for friends instead of roleplay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:58 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Ivstnesr, Drakey
Yes, pinky indeed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:34 pm 
Mortal

ladyjennbo wrote:
Jaegyr was one of the most defining characters of Faerti's life, and his disappearance haunted her for the rest of her days.

He left the same impression on Tristala. I had an alt during the bard tournament and watched Jaegyr perform, and had the idea to make a bard, and as a fun part of her background, Jaegyr was sort of her childhood hero.

In Tristala's memory, Jaegyr defeated the men that enslaved her and smuggled her out of Teron into Zhenshi and taught her singlehandedly everything that made her the bard she is today.

In reality, she met up with him in the Inn and he showed her where Nerina was, taught her the basics and entertained everybody in the inn with his clever songs. (leaving the majority of her instruction to Juniepur and Tyna)

Tristala (in her own insane little way) still hopes that he will return, having found the songs of Illusions (the reason she was told that he left) and will refuse to believe that he is dead.

Wish you were on more when it was relevant, but as the others said: good luck with real life stuff, and I hope to see you in game again.