Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 7:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Ibej Birchbow
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:25 pm 
Mortal Contributor

Ibej was awsome. This is a deletion I really am sad to see. He was a great scout and he was always working at making scouts really effective in the game, he could roleplay great as well. I'm also a bit surprised to see a scout delete so soon after the great buff they got of having a second pet.

This is the first time Scouts have been buffed, probably in ten years. All I have ever seen is scouts being wimped over and over and over.

Anyways Ibej will be missed, alot. He was great. I hope this wasn't a rage deletion as was suggested above, Ibej was too good to go out like that. :drunk:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:40 pm 
Mortal

That's because scouts could summon raptor jesus, Orac. Seriously they started out with polearms (back when polearm was worth a damn, and weapons like the mottled lance and heavy horse lance ruled the mud) and the staves skill when I started playing, and all scout pets were auto hasted. Back when haste gave double attacks it was hardcore. There were times when I initiated combat and got the whole double round and completely floored someone with 16 attacks from my scout pet in one turn. Oh, and I brandished the staff of demise too.

The skin change was completely [REDACTED] though and needs to be rescinded. There's no reason that the success rate should be so low. It's not like scouts are throwing people supernatural skins and that they're just as good as adamantite.

I liked Ibej because he was a Talon that killed [REDACTED], and would be ready to fight alongside his allies, rather than doing the limp-wristed [REDACTED] that the Talons are generally notorious for.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:05 pm 
Mortal

I appreciate the notification of how scouts have declined in this game. I was hoping to find some interesting skill, weapon, arrow, etc that I could somehow turn them around a bit. Certainly Ambush is still very strong. But if you are Mood Defensive against a Scout. You will win every time. Damage goes to good to nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:07 pm 
Mortal

Ibej was always nice to Celestine, Kelsy, Rakohono, and smaller characters(Not to say any of my current/latest characters have done much!)

You always help newbies and you, like Ardith said, have been the only Talon in forever that actually aided his allies, I think the last one was Emet?

Well done sir! Well done!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:35 pm 
Mortal

Magnus wrote:
I appreciate the notification of how scouts have declined in this game. I was hoping to find some interesting skill, weapon, arrow, etc that I could somehow turn them around a bit. Certainly Ambush is still very strong. But if you are Mood Defensive against a Scout. You will win every time. Damage goes to good to nothing.

Yeah, this is a problem that was noticeable back when Mitch wanted to test his giant crossbow damage against my paladin and Baba and we found that he couldn't even drop us under 90 on defensive stance.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:16 pm 
Mortal Contributor

SK Character: I wish :(
sad to see you go man. I had a good time hanging out with you on a few different guys.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:27 pm 
Mortal

Another one I didn't see coming.

I must be the most clueless player in the game...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:32 pm 
Mortal

Sad to see Ibej go. I was hoping to fight along side him. Hopefully your next will be another ally. I gotta say this was a well played character.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:47 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: None!
I really liked this character, and he will be missed. Enjoyed every interaction. Good luck with your next.

Agaleia