Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Tue Oct 08, 2024 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Me
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:23 pm 
Mortal

I will observe that you only assumed the net result would be 0. Omniscience is not a luxury bestowed upon even you, Ardith. I should hope you do not "leave the game" by basically ceasing to do all the things that you could be complimented for while leaving the rest of your behaviors unmodified. Your reactions are dashing any hopes of bettering the situation.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:28 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
ninja_ardith wrote:
It's not my fault I exposed a problem that Dulrik didn't anticipate.

Considering you did it with clear purposeful intent, it is.

Though I do think deletion was a bit much in this case, it's not at all unprovoked. You knowingly utilized a bug in order to max out your tribunal coffers and even tried to act as if you were doing the game a favor in the process. You're not an admin, it isn't your job to bug-test things.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:29 pm 
Mortal

I said there's a possibility that I was wrong about it not saving. I was working with what I knew. There have been a lot of things I've done in the game that have been deemed bugs, and by that definition I've done a lot of bug abuse and bug exploitation. I probably am the biggest bug abuser and exploiter in the game by far, but most of the time I don't even know it until after the fact.

The fact remains that I found an unintended consequence of this, and before I even get to reporting it the police come down and act all tough. But I guess they know a problem now that they can fix, which makes me even more pissed that it came at my expense.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:31 pm 
Mortal

Edoras wrote:
ninja_ardith wrote:
It's not my fault I exposed a problem that Dulrik didn't anticipate.

Considering you did it with clear purposeful intent, it is.

Though I do think deletion was a bit much in this case, it's not at all unprovoked. You knowingly utilized a bug in order to max out your tribunal coffers and even tried to act as if you were doing the game a favor in the process. You're not an admin, it isn't your job to bug-test things.

The majority of bugs are found by the playerbase. What ever would the game designer do without us?

I suppose I'll just swallow deletion, but I have neither the time nor patience to level another character in the game, nor deal with someone like Nashira again.

I did something similar with the hero tokens back when I heard the belts were bugged and one could generate hundreds of tokens in the span of the time it takes to create one. I'll admit that some of the stuff I do is shady at times, but I never mean to go out and harm the game or the community.

Oh well, you live and learn, I guess.

Still, [REDACTED] you, Nashira.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:41 pm 
Immortal (Inactive)

You abused a bug. You could have sent in an email, prayed about it or taken any number of different actions. Instead you duplicated money and filled your tribunal account. You may very well have assumed that it would go back to normal once the game reset, but that was not the case. You put in an obscene amount of money into your tribunal account by abusing a bug that duplicated money. When the game was reset your balance remained changed due to your actions. That is abuse of a bug. Immortals had to go and undo what you did or else there would have been an unfair imbalance. Had you not been caught, your tribunal would have been blessed with 100 obsidian. Maybe things might have been different if it didn't save, maybe not. Regardless of that fact, several immortals all said the same thing and your deletion was made and I was the one that put it through.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:44 pm 
Mortal

Actually I would have reported it, and asked for it to be fixed. Unfortunately I was unable to check to see if it would stay the same before you decided that I was scary evil. I definitely would not have taken advantage of the situation and kept the coin in the account.

And how am I supposed to know the result before Dulrik fixes the bug? I can only posit that it will go back to the way it's supposed to be, and if not then I would have to report it.

Oh well, I guess the immstaff claims a victory by bringing the gavel down.

And in that case, [REDACTED] the entire immstaff.

I'd also like everything that I built in the game to be removed, considering that I never signed any agreements for my work to become the property of SK or anything.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:09 pm 
Mortal

It is a very sad loss to not have you playing anymore. I feel you brought great knowledge to a game that I still do not know after 10 years of playing. I thank you very much for all the help you have given me over the years, including pulling me back in after I disappear for months on end.

You will be missed. :(

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:11 pm 
Mortal

You really should have informed the IMMs the very first time you recreated coin rather than fill up your whole tribunal coffers first....That doesnt' really make any sense. I feel your pain though I'm sure everyone has been deleted for something like this one time or another though so shake it off.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:14 pm 
Mortal

I'm not shaking it off. I intended for Ariya to be my last character. Now she's gone so I'm done. I would have played her to age death, kept trying to get people to join the mud, etc. But this is part of where I live, I love testing these sorts of things out.

Also, I didn't feel that the simple duplication of coin merited a report since I'm pretty sure nobody would have been able to save that sort of coin, but the fact that I was wrong about the tribunal coffers would merit a report, and this save bug is something that Dulrik needs to look into, I suppose, though I don't really give a flying [REDACTED] anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:15 pm 
Mortal

ninja_ardith wrote:
I'd also like everything that I built in the game to be removed, considering that I never signed any agreements for my work to become the property of SK or anything.

You aren't the first to try to pull that move.

Quote:
PUBLICLY TRANSMITTED CONTENT

All Content that is not specifically and expressly directed to individual users or Content that is accessible by the general public via the Service is considered to be “publicly transmitted content”. With all publicly transmitted content, you grant SK the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully sub licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such transmitted content, in whole or part, worldwide and/or incorporate in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next