Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Tue Oct 08, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Me
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:17 pm 
Mortal

Personally I think a deletion was wayyyy over the top, sad to see you leave.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:17 pm 
Mortal

That was written *after* I submitted works. As was a lot of stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:18 pm 
Mortal

jvjsmurf wrote:
Personally I think a deletion was wayyyy over the top, sad to see you leave.

Yeah, well, argue that with the SK cops.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:19 pm 
Mortal

ninja_ardith wrote:
That was written *after* I submitted works. As was a lot of stuff.

That move has been tried, too.

Quote:
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS

SHATTERED KINGDOMS® (SK) provides its services to you, subject to the following Terms of Service (TOS), which may be updated by SK from time to time without notice to you. You should review the TOS periodically for changes which can be found at: http://www.shatteredkingdoms.org/info/terms" target="_BLANK

When using services provided by SK, you are subject to any guidelines and rules applicable to services provided. All such guides and rules are hereby incorporated by reference into the TOS.

Right there at the top. The only way not to realize this is to not have read it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:23 pm 
After reading the log, seeing that Nashira said they would be cursing Ardith at a later time, then deleting them is super crappy. Way to stick to your word there. Either way the punishment is over the top for the crime, and seems likely motivated by the lack of respect Nashira felt they deserved. Seems Nashira wanted to prove they have power rather than find a fitting punishment for the crime....shameful.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:27 pm 
Mortal

Quote:
TERMINATION

You agree that SK, in its sole discretion, may terminate your password and/or account (or any part thereof) or use of the services SK provides, and remove and discard any Content within the service, for any reason including but not limited to lack of use or if SK believes you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the TOS. SK may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Service under any provision of this TOS may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that SK may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information and files in your account and/or bar any further access to such files or the Service. You also agree that SK shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Service.

Am I the only one who has read this? Geez. You can be deleted without notice for being a jerk, and more power to the imm with the chutzpah to do so. It should happen more often.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:29 pm 
Mortal

Same clause in just about every agreement you'll see legally. Does it surprise anybody that it's there?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:32 pm 
Mortal

If this thread is any indication, it at least seems to stir up emotional outrage in you, if not also Tirn.

So, you're not actually leaving, though...?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:32 pm 
Mortal

No, I'm leaving. Between you and the immstaff, why would I want to stay?

I mean on the last paladin I played I walked into a room with a bunch of undead, two deep-elves, killed the deep-elves and the undead and an imm cursed me for it, because I had actually walked in and ruined that imm's mojo with some [REDACTED] RP they were doing, when I couldn't have been privy to any of that. Oh did I also mention that at the time I was leading the Talons and was playing an elf? Just punishment indeed.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:35 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Retired Troll
Deletion seems like an extremely harsh punishment. What I don't understand is why Ardith duplicated 100 obsidian instead 10 obsidian or something. Probably a case of poor judgment. Even if he were trying to gain an edge (which I -highly- doubt), I think this is a harsh punishment. I also fail to see the relevance of the fact that the money saved in the tribunal account. He had no way of knowing that, and I think everyone is very surprised that it happened. A level curse might have been appropriate in this instance. I'll also never understand how Bree was able to use a bugged NPC to backstab Eziri 7 times in a row and fully loot her, and the ultimate punishment was a level-curse and loss of the leadership ability. I suppose there's no point in having this argument on these forums, though, or anywhere else, for that matter.

Ardith, you've always brought a lot to the game. You're one of the most experienced players that the game (until recently) had retained. Your knowledge of the game, ability to RP, and ability to scare the [REDACTED] out of anyone on the other side of a pvp with you are all truly impressive. I knew that you planned on Ariya being your last character, and on letting her age-die, so I imagine this was pretty upsetting. I, at least, would be very angry. I wish you the best of luck with whatever you do next.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next