Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Tue Oct 08, 2024 8:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Me
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:03 pm 
Mortal

grep wrote:
The fact that you're still here at all suggests you're trying to prove something.

I guess I was wrong. I would like to prove that you're a knuckle-dragging, slobbering buffoon, but I know the jury has already come back on that one and said yes. No need to reiterate the facts.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:03 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
Oh man, troll fight.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:04 pm 
Mortal

Either way, looks like you've got a pretty good reason for Ariya's inactivity, so her Guardian membership should be safe, yeah?

This thread no longer has value. I'm going to do something else. See ya. Honestly, I hope you find the ability to get along and be happy somewhere, because you didn't seem to be able to do it in Shattered Kingdoms.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:11 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
Oh wait.

Edoras wrote:
ardith wrote:
And I'm going to use teamwork and elite strategies unlike the loner wannabe badasses like Syn and Edoras.

By this, I'm reading "by never fighting unless I have odds in my favor and by attacking without a challenge or fleeing as a paladin."

I'm good. Though, you did fight me 1v1 and make me flee that one time that I brought just Waish to Sith'a'niel. You do have that on me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:11 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Retired Troll
Oh, reread this thread and found:
Nashira wrote:
Regardless of that fact, several immortals all said the same thing and your deletion was made and I was the one that put it through.

I think that should settle the matter, Trag.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:32 pm 
Mortal

umad?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:34 pm 
Mortal

After readin the log you posted, you sounded kind of cynical in it. I agree that deletion was a bit harsh for such a long lived character, but your attitude didn't really help. If you had just said "Hey, I'm testing a bug, sorry about that." or something to that affect, or showed some semblance of remorse without cynicism I think you'd gotten off with just a curse. In any case, sorry to see you go.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:44 pm 
Mortal

Tragonis wrote:
ninja_ardith wrote:
Ariya is deleted, and the name is now illegal. If you don't believe me then check for yourself.

A. Ariya's loot hasn't respawned.

B. You pardon Ariya of her crimes.

I would come clean with Dulrik and reason with him; last I checked he makes the finaly call. Heck, many immortals do not have the power to delete you. They can set your name as illegal and let you rot in hell though. Maybe try being a bit more respectful too, the log of you and Nashira would have made me want to delete you too.

I don't know what you expect this to accomplish. I would probably continue to play if the pfile was somehow miraculously restored, but I'm not going to hold my breath. When I found out that the tribunal account was full I would have reported it and asked for it to be fixed. There's a lot of things I can do that sometimes I am wrong about, and I'm up front and admit that.

I guess I didn't beg and grovel and say I was oh so wrong for depositing 100 obsidian into the tribunal coffers (well, not quite, but close enough). There were other people on at the same time doing the same thing, I just took it one step further. But now you get a closer glimpse that tribunal, and probably by extension cabal and religious coffers work a little differently than personal banking accounts and so there are certainly some extreme complications that this (recent) bug seems to be able to cause.

However, it's a matter of principle that I don't go "Oh, I'm so sorry I broked the game." I'm always trying to break the game. I certainly don't use the things I do break obscenely against others though, unless I'm just oblivious to the fact that it's overpowering and broken, like sleep used to be. That spell was definitely changed through my direct input of having the then Adept cabal members abuse the ever-loving [REDACTED] out of it. Then Dulrik is like holy [REDACTED] that's broken. I admitted that what I was doing could be considered cheating/bug abuse/exploitation, and that's all authority figures need to go lol sucks to be you.

And A) I wasn't going to suck up
B) I wasn't going to try to lie my way out of it.

If you find it disrespectful then I can't help it. Sucking up isn't one of my virtues. In short, I expect this deletion to stand, and I lack interest to play any other character, roll another character or try anything else on the game.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:13 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Karsh
The very definition of bug testing is to try to break a set of code by doing unexpected things to it. Stumbling across a bug by using code as intended is not bug testing so much as it is random chance. You don't test for bugs or find bugs until you attempt to use code in a way it was never intended to be used...Such as Ardith did here.

Ardith and I have never gotten along very well, and I've barely played SK myself in the last year, but this punishment is far and away above the necessary or called for. In addition, I see no reason why he would have failed to report the bug and the extra coin in the coffers when the "fix" was put in and his hypothesis that it wouldn't save was proven wrong. Ardith, though a bit of a jerk at times, is a stand-up guy who generally acts within the bounds of the rules. In the vast majority of cases he doesn't have to break rules or abuse unintended code to stand on top of the game, so why would he?

I'm disappointed in the extreme reaction to what appears to be legitimate testing. Having read the log of the encounter between Nashira and Ardith, I'm even more disappointed that Ardith's lack of groveling was taken as "not caring."

Good luck with whatever you're up to these days, Ardith, and it's unfortunate in my mind that your experience with this game ended on a sour note.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:17 pm 
Mortal

I'd probably get along better with you now. I'm not even sure why we didn't get along with in the first place.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next