Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Tue Oct 08, 2024 10:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Me
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:33 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Snuffles
I'm sure that dealing with something like this leaves a sour taste in one's mouth. It is certainly never a pleasant thing to have a character deleted in such a manner. The punishment seems somewhat harsh to me, considering all the circumstances.

I wish you good luck in all your future endeavors.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:27 am 
Mortal

SK Character: RAWR!
ninja_ardith wrote:
I realise that Dulrik doesn't care about older players leaving, but this is a straw that I just can't tolerate. I hope all the "new blood" can replace me, though I'm sure it won't.

I'm not going to miss this attitude, that's for certain. Holy cow. :roll:

You did add to the game, but you were an uppity [REDACTED].

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:20 am 
Mortal

That sucks man. I know I'd be super pissed off if my char got deleted especially if I planned on it being one of my last. You were an arrogant [REDACTED], but damn it if you weren't usually fun to play with. In the 10ish years off and on I've played this game you've always had a prominent char, whether it was on my side or the opposing side I always had fun with you. All the way from destrivai and I think vylesse torturing my first delf priest, to my MC merk declaring war on destrivai, to my Druid priest and arsilan at each others throats because I refused to not bow down to ariya being a cold hard [REDACTED] now. I've always had fun. I hope you enjoy whatever comes your way man. Best of luck to your future endeavors

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:26 am 
Mortal

It was Alaquel that you're thinking of. Vylesse deleted before I was even in the Adepts.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:32 am 
Mortal

Ardith must have done something ooc to bring down this kind of hate.... like stealing nashiras girlfriend or something.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:36 am 
Mortal

Rial wrote:
...like stealing nashiras girlfriend or something.

Likely story.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:47 am 
Mortal

Whining like a #$*&% never solved anything. You aren't the first and won't be the last to try to take their ball and go home because of (sometimes admittedly idiotic) actions on behalf of IMMs. An illegal name and the fact you can be pardoned could very potentially mean you aren't deleted yet - just a backdoor method of keeping you from logging in was utilized. Dulrik has been ridiculously active lately, so a step in trying to make a case for yourself will not go unheard. Even if Dulrik will likely side with the IMMs, you can take a better approach than taking your ball and going home and that you'll never ever play again because this game is a mean game.

I agree this is kind of over-the-top from Nashira, and I think you're just a poor-sported, whiny player who usually deserves a whack upside the head for humility. Then again I haven't played this game seriously in any sense for many, many years, so that's kind of meaningless. Empty the coffers and shut down the tribunal's coffers for a predetermined amount of time (scripted auto-withdrawal or something of the sort). Be creative with it. Deletion shouldn't be the first answer.

However, it is an answer for the #*$&ing idiotic stunt you pulled. It just shouldn't be the first and the only.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:00 am 
Mortal

They probably fail to see how shutting down the tribunal coffers would punish my character in any way, since I usually only drop a few obsidian in the account at a time. Edoras and others are pretty hardened about draining tribunal coffers so that they don't have to deal with bounty hunter NPCs when they PK. I tend to agree with them, and just use it as a warning system when I'm online.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:19 am 
Mortal

There is a distinct lack of creativity in the punishment. In a game with such a restrictively small player-base as it is, creativity is required. The game doesn't really have the playerbase to be this ham-fisted over a relatively harmless (albeit idiotic) poking around in something that could potentially be a completion of the bug picture before a report. Worst case, it was just blatant monetary bug abuse. This isn't multiplaying. This isn't first-time transgression is only-time transgression where people are deleted on sight or sitebanned over it.

Smack off ten levels and evict him from the tribunal. Punish the entire tribunal for it. But this? Have some perspective on the game as a whole, guys. I don't even like Ardith as an SK player (he's a decent guy not considering his endeavors into SK sportsmanship), but outright deletion of an established character for a non-multiplaying offense seems a bit much. You should ask all 5 people logged into the game what they think about the idea. Oh, wait. 4 now. Get a #$*&ing twink's perspective up there because this just seems like a decision after an incomplete discussion.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:40 am 
Mortal

Deathadder wrote:
This sounds like: sorry judge I know I was smoking pot I was testing to see if it was a gateway drug I was gunna turn myself in afterwards but you caught me first.

You admitted to cheating and were doing it on purpose. Um trying to find a bug sure, but I thought we were just supposed to play the game and if Something is fishy ask about it instead of Taking matters into your own hands. If I were caught cheating I'd expect nothing less and I did get caught multiplying so QQ some more and blame someone for doing their job correctly.

If you were caught cheating, I'd expect the sheep you were cheating on to be furious. Really? Telling people to QQ more and starting little flame fights when your state's number one export is incest is laughable.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next