Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Tue Oct 08, 2024 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Me
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:43 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
Sklz711 wrote:
Deathadder wrote:
This sounds like: sorry judge I know I was smoking pot I was testing to see if it was a gateway drug I was gunna turn myself in afterwards but you caught me first.

You admitted to cheating and were doing it on purpose. Um trying to find a bug sure, but I thought we were just supposed to play the game and if Something is fishy ask about it instead of Taking matters into your own hands. If I were caught cheating I'd expect nothing less and I did get caught multiplying so QQ some more and blame someone for doing their job correctly.

If you were caught cheating, I'd expect the sheep you were cheating on to be furious. Really? Telling people to QQ more and starting little flame fights when your state's number one export is incest is laughable.

yeah, don't start little flame fights. You can start by not hating on the south. VERMONT is the state with the most cases of incest.

And DeathAdder. A little pot would get like, a fine of $250-$500 and some community service, not the death penalty.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:02 am 
Mortal

SK Character: RAWR!
I love how you just throw that out there with no source, ljb. let's throw the discussion into a debate about which state has more wincest, even though the majority of cases are never reported, and it's almost impossible to know any way. Why would Sklz hate on the South, as a southern guy? Why do you get butt hurt about Arkansas, when you're from Tennessee?

And please, with the pot. . . . A little pot can get you put in prison for years. Because somehow the justice system finds it important.

Back to ardith flames/ass-kissing please.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:34 am 
Mortal

ladyjennbo wrote:
yeah, don't start little flame fights. You can start by not hating on the south. VERMONT is the state with the most cases of incest.

And DeathAdder. A little pot would get like, a fine of $250-$500 and some community service, not the death penalty.

Urban legend is urban. Let's try some facts! Forcible rape rate:
Vermont: 19.9/100k
vs
Arkansas: 47.3/100k
(http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/ taken from the FBI's uniform crime report which can be found http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/ucr)

I know you love your rape and rapists down there, jennbo, but don't bring your deviance into our threads. Some of us here don't like rapists and I'd appreciate you not trying to change our opinion about them.

God, I miss these forums.

Anyway, the whole point of the fail of the pot analogy is that getting caught for pot isn't death. This isn't a soapbox for drug law reform. It's just basically the fact that doing something minor, especially amongst a small population, doesn't deserve exile. This deletion is a blatant case of that basic logic being broken, and I don't think there's any rectifying it at this point...but if there is, it should be. Thanks and good day.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:40 am 
Mortal

jerinx wrote:
ladyjennbo wrote:

vs
(http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/" target="_BLANK taken from the FBI's uniform crime report which can be found http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/ucr" target="_BLANK)

I know you love your rape and rapists down there, jennbo, but don't bring your deviance into our threads. Some of us here don't like rapists and I'd appreciate you not trying to change our opinion about them.

Anyway, the whole point of the fail of the pot analogy is that getting caught for pot isn't death. This isn't a soapbox for drug law reform. It's just basically the fact that doing something minor, especially amongst a small population, doesn't deserve exile. Thanks and good day.

I thought we were talking about incest? When was rape mentioned, before you brought it up here? If the joke were "Arkansas is the number one export for rape." then I could understand you bringing up those facts from the FBI and what not about rape, but your joke was about incest, and jennbo brought up the point that Vermont's has the highest case amount of incest than any other state. She brought an apple and you responded with an orange.

P.S. Bye Ardith. *waves*

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:09 am 
Mortal

Rodwen wrote:
jerinx wrote:
ladyjennbo wrote:

vs
(http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/" target="_BLANK" target="_BLANK" target="_BLANK taken from the FBI's uniform crime report which can be found http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/ucr" target="_BLANK" target="_BLANK" target="_BLANK)

Anyway, the whole point of the fail of the pot analogy is that getting caught for pot isn't death. This isn't a soapbox for drug law reform. It's just basically the fact that doing something minor, especially amongst a small population, doesn't deserve exile. Thanks and good day.

I thought we were talking about incest? When was rape mentioned, before you brought it up here? If the joke were "Arkansas is the number one export for rape." then I could understand you bringing up those facts from the FBI and what not about rape, but your joke was about incest, and jennbo brought up the point that Vermont's has the highest case amount of incest than any other state. She brought an apple and you responded with an orange.

P.S. Bye Ardith. *waves*

Jennbo said that we can't hate the south because incest is more commonplace in Vermont. However, the only state with the balls to even POST incest convictions online is Vermont (at 9 in 2009, every other state in the south I tried only uses the NCR/NIBRS which does not track it) and any number Vermont posts is, therefore cannot be compared to an undefined sum. So, ignoring her urban legend entirely, I countered with a reason I could hate the south. We're talking about vegetables and you're bringing up fruit trying to sound smart and contrary in a conversation, failing halfway. Special Olympians make it farther down the track in their efforts.

Ardith isn't going anywhere, though, honestly. If he was he'd have stopped posting. I just really hope there's a way to somewhat rectify this. grep and I had a relatively intelligent conversation on the matter, and my summation was that while we'd prefer a machine to run with new and perfect parts...we're in a world where we're getting almost no new parts. We have to buff up and utilize the parts we have left. The job of IMMs, as I see, is:

A) NOT break the game and its scripts.
B) Apply alternate perspectives to check and balance Dulrik's code ideas
C) Keep the old pieces in check just enough to not scare off the new pieces while allowing the old pieces to exist.

That latter part really needs to stay in consideration when doing steps like this. Some pieces need thrown away, but in this case I just don't think it was validated.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:15 am 
Mortal

jerinx wrote:
We're talking about vegetables and you're bringing up fruit trying to sound smart and contrary in a conversation, failing halfway. Special Olympians make it farther down the track in their efforts.

This made me think of this:

Actually, it made me think of this one: http://tnation.t-nation.com/forum_image ... rguing.jpg but I couldn't post that one because images can't have a height of greater than 350 and I didn't feel like resizing it myself. I found the dog one and was like "OH [REDACTED] . How relevant to the topic at hand."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:18 am 
Mortal

ROFL, hilarious thread is hilarious.

It's a joke, kinda like how anyone defending Arkansas against anything is just as much of a joke. I'm theoretically southern, and I refuse to accept Our Kansas as anything more than the backwater cousin molesting hellhole that it is, and exile it to it's own little world along with West Virginia. I've driven hours in the state attempting to find a [REDACTED] newspaper to read other than the farm report and failed miserably. Go either side of the state line and Loves has a magazine section, but does not in Our Kansas.

Again, I'd say [REDACTED] that backwater cousin [REDACTED] state, but I wouldn't touch that state with your dick Jennbo.

Pro tip: If your state is too unoriginal to come up with its own name, it's probably terrible.

P.S.: I'm slightly disturbed that you have incest statistics at the ready there Jennbo.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:21 am 
Mortal

rofl. I love you Rodwen. All in good fun. Yeah, I have a feeling jennbo has had to make this defense before. Epic thread is epic.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:24 am 
Mortal

Sklz711 wrote:
Pro tip: If your state is too unoriginal to come up with its own name, it's probably terrible.

The Territory of Arkansaw was organized on July 4, 1819, and on June 15, 1836, the State of Arkansas was admitted to the Union as the 25th state and the 13th slave state.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/When_was_Arka ... z1EiXE2mMW

The Kansas-Nebraska Act of 1854 created the Kansas Territory. Kansas entered the union as the 34th state in 1861.

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/kansas#ixzz1EiXO4TAh

What?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:26 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
I looked it up online after you threw in a slight against the south for no effing reason. And the pot conviction according to my idiot friends is fine + community service, at least in this state for a first conviction.

It's 60 degrees here right now, so :devil: :evil: you.

Tennessee is much better than Arkansas though.

Seriously though, I'm really sorry I ruined this thread now.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next