Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Tue Oct 08, 2024 12:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Me
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:47 pm 
TMS Cheerleader

SK Character: Addison
You know Arkansas really is quite nice, not born here but live here none the less. And a nice fun fact for you fellas: if you want to impress your girl with a nice American made diamond ring, it came from Arkansas. Other than that all I can say is if you haven't been here to visit don't dis it. I have enjoyed every state I've ever been in except Virginia new York and Alabama(sorry peso, lived there 5 months and wanted to shoot myself not to mention walking a mile and 10 toothless people offering to sell me meth)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:02 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Retired Troll
I don't impress women with overpriced colorless rocks. I have other assets, thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:11 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: RAWR!
I think it's hysterical that DA is here suggesting that because, perhaps, there's a production jewelry company in Arkansas, that real craftsman jewelers can't make diamond rings in other states.

The state I dislike is Missouri. I think each and every other state I've been to (and believe me, I've seen quite a few) has definite merit. Virginia has awesome mountains in the West, and the Newport Beach area is awesome. New York is so very much more than the city, and if you base your opinion of the whole state on Manhattan, you've done it a disservice. Alabama has freaking gorgeous beaches. Missouri, though . . . has boring scenery, trashy cities, and frightening people.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:42 pm 
TMS Cheerleader

No, if you get an American diamond for the ring it came from Arkansas the only diamond mine in the US.

And I have reasons why I dislike those states, other than what you stated here, scenery is good and all every state has their nice spots. It's my own opinion I was stating.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:51 pm 
Mortal

There are diamonds in other places. They just don't get published so much. You would be very silly if you did not think that there are kimberlite pipes in the precambrian shield, to say nothing of other documented veins.

Also Ariya was an interesting character even if she didn't log on for long spurts like other characters.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:58 pm 
Mortal

I personally thought Arkansas was pretty when I was there. I have a love/hate relationship with Maine which is bad since that's where I live. :/ Interesting to know what the state is known for though!

As for diamonds, they are overpriced rocks. Though I do think it is cool that you can go to a park in Arkansas and find diamonds (not sure if it costs, pretty sure it does).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:02 pm 
TMS Cheerleader

10 bucks to enter the park. What you find is yours. The diamond mine in Wyoming is shut down however they did find diamonds there so until 1996 Arkansas used to be the only place to mine diamonds.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:57 pm 
Implementor

Just a quick aside and then you can back to Arkansas bashing or whatever this thread is now about.

I didn't and haven't read any of the logs regarding the conversation between Ardith and Nashira. Nashira just presented logs showing debug warnings that equipment and money was being duplicated, and that the duplicated money carried over after the reboot/fix. Another immortal verified the claim. None of those facts are in question. I was the one asked what should be done about it. No one prompted me to go with deletion, the decision was mine based on the facts that were presented to me.

The penalty for bug exploitation ranges from penalties to deletion. Exploiting duplication bugs has always been a deletable offense with me, although most people wouldn't know firsthand, because we've never caught anyone successfully using a duplication bug for about 15 years now. At any rate, the rules help file clearly states that any bug exploitation CAN result in deletion.

I didn't realize the cheater in question was Ardith. Nevertheless, it doesn't matter to me whether or not you may be a unique snowflake. They always depict justice as being blind because who committed the crime shouldn't matter in determining the sentence. I'm sure Ardith can make a case that he was just trying to find a bug to report, but that's not how it appeared, especially with the amount of money involved. Based on the facts I saw, it looked like deliberate cheating and so my ruling was deletion.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Arkansas jokes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:59 am 
Mortal

Dulrik wrote:
They always depict justice as being blind because who committed the crime shouldn't matter in determining the sentence.

"They" always depict justice as blind because "they" go in and don't review any of the facts or hear any arguments. That's why it's blind. It's not at all like shows like CIS and Law & Order depict it. It's sort of like how legislators don't read bills, they just vote yes or no on them, because they get paid regardless.

I can see that you are keeping up the time honored tradition, at least. And this is exactly why I didn't sit there and suck up and say, oh I was wrong, because in the end this log wouldn't have helped or hurt my case. I probably could have just gone on a full blown swearing fest as well.

I probably would have ended up being deleted for this anyway, because reliably reproducing duplication and reporting it was something I wanted to do anyway. Oh well, I'll never get the chance now.

EDIT: I actually just figured out how to reliably duplicate items.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:45 am 
Mortal

Dulrik wins for actually posting/responding on a popular matter and acknowledging Arkansas jokes are now a necessary portion of this thread.

Ardith is still the lulz for remaining passive aggressive to the end. The tantrum was the equivalent of a full blown swearing fest, just minus the swearing. Childish tantrum is childish. "I'M TAKING MY BALL AND GOING HOME NOW F U ALL." And I've been there, as have a ton of other people who may no longer play this game - one gets dealt a crappy hand on a character with investments upwards of hundreds of hours - if not thousands. A player cares about it, and maturity is overrun by confusion and anger. I've thrown tantrums before, a lot of people have. It's understandable. But it doesn't change the fact. These are things the imms are (or atleast should be) used to - they are dealing with hundreds and thousands of hours of a person's time in these characters they police. They shouldn't forget it, though it shouldn't make their pimp hand weak.

I'd just like to say (acknowledging the little weight anything I post carries) that I think deletion is AN option, and is a perfectly valid and just one. I also think there are other equally and potentially more just options. Personal opinion, deletion shouldn't have been the one in a case like this. D's absolutely right in that who does it shouldn't matter. The name is meaningless.

The fact the perpetrator is a passive-aggressive, whiny, unsporting SK player is also meaningless. The fact the player contributes a lot to the game is similarly meaningless.

That being said, what I think should matter is the persistence of the violator in question (how often has he abused breaks in the game, let alone on the present character), with the duplication and its ease of reversal (did he duplicate useful items like consumables and spread them among the players/his cronies, or can a quick herpaderp undo the damage like this case with a coffer withdrawal [which is a joke anyway since players can empty coffers quick]), the current standing of the character (tribunal leader with 0 previous infractions), and the amount of hours put into the character (which shows a devotion to the game and activity) should have weight in which severity of punishment is used. I think multiplaying is the only rule that should be unequivocal in its severity. Other than that, there's room for variance in the punishment because there ARE circumstances besides the crime to be considered. Variance wouldn't be an option...if it wasn't an option. The person doesn't matter, but I think the above does - especially when the playerbase and its size needs consideration, and we/you're trying to make it grow. Some situations mandate throwing away old players/parts because they just are crap in contribution, but a character like this and a situation like this...I just don't think it's the case. This isn't saying the chosen course isn't valid, this is saying that there are more valid paths that I think could and should be pursued. Sometimes you can keep a player and impact his activity more by a more creative, non-lethal punishment than by outright deletion, with galvanization of dastardly ways as a result (if only to spite).

This is just food for thought. I personally have no problem with Ardith's characters getting axed. I know there's not really any undoing a D action. I'm not sure this can be undone, anyway. If it can...I think it'd be a cool gesture.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next