Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Tue Oct 08, 2024 12:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Me
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:07 am 
Mortal

I still intended this to be my last character, jerin. I don't see how I could just say, I'm taking my ball and going home, when in fact that's what I intended the whole time. I had a lot of fun playing the game while I did. Sure it's had its ups and downs, but you can only play a game so many times before you just can't stand it anymore. This has happened with other games I've played and simply adored like Final Fantasy 6. I just can't play that game anymore.

Anyway, I was able to figure out the holy grail of bug abuses (to me at least), and I believe that this character was a complete success. All that is required is two players, knowledge of a crash bug, and an item that you want to duplicate. Since the game only updates pfiles every few minutes it's possible to have a character manually save with the item in question, crash the game, and have the other player come back with the same item because his pfile was saved at an earlier time. I believe that to be a correct assessment, unless I dun goofed somewhere.

I guess I'll also leave the petrification bug here, in that a sorcerer can charm a NPC, take him anywhere he desires, petrify the NPC, and depetrify him. The NPC will then assume that room is his "home."

The only thing I fear about leaving the game is that this is going to cause other players to leave, because I, for some reason, have developed a cult of personality, and it became obvious to me that I wasn't so much playing the game anymore for my own enjoyment, but rather for other people's enjoyment. It does seem like people want me to stay, but I've got other life issues to deal with as well, especially with the things that are going on in Ohio currently. These things, coupled with $5 a gallon gasoline, which is predicted to happen by summertime are definitely going to put a clinch hold on my finances.

...I'm actually surprised the thread wasn't locked due to these jokes and off topic discussions.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:12 am 
Mortal

Well, cheers. Most of the time I still thought you were a [REDACTED], but you contributed and you inspired people to play, if only because you were their nemsis. You did more than I could as far as longevity. I know what you're talking about, because I hit that plateau years ago - but, like me, I think you'll still poke around in time. Though, granted, I only do so now because it's the only game I can get through my proxy to at work.

This thread is amazing. At least the conversation can be kept for scholarly and lulzy purposes on the nature of crime/punishment in the modern era of SK, as well as great ways to troll jennb0 by bashing the South.

Speaking of retaining players, who thinks that if a person's had 10 GM characters that they should get a sekrat code to just pass go and get a character to 45 outright? Amirite? I could spend the average 300 hours a character contributing instead of leveling that way!

God, I hate leveling...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:24 am 
Mortal

Also, I'd like to add that Xenogears was released on the PSN yesterday, so I definitely have something to play.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:17 am 
Gold Donor

ninja_ardith wrote:
Also, I'd like to add that Xenogears was released on the PSN yesterday, so I definitely have something to play.

Great game. Had to download the iso's to emulate it (had my broken copy staring at me from the shelf for too long).... need to beat Xenosaga too now that I think of it.

Not sure if I replied yet, but it does suck to see this happen and see you go. You were one of the few I didn't mind dieing to, usually pretty nice about it. Now I'm actually going to have to try and get some skill :(

Last edited by the_me on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:40 am 
Mortal

jerinx wrote:
Speaking of retaining players, who thinks that if a person's had 10 GM characters that they should get a sekrat code to just pass go and get a character to 45 outright? Amirite? I could spend the average 300 hours a character contributing instead of leveling that way!

God, I hate leveling...
Plzkthnx. I'd deal with the fact that no skills / spells had been learned, and no coin had been farmed in a heartbeat.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:57 am 
Mortal

I found a video that depicts exactly how I imagine it whenever Ardith logged on for PVP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2LjkvbKwpQ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:47 am 
Mortal

ninja_ardith wrote:

Then go play it and stop trolling here? If one claims they are quiting a game they would also leave the forums for said game too. I quit WOW 2 months ago and that is what I do when I quit a game. Short term.....Ardith probally already has another character he is playing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:53 am 
Mortal

cubanoh wrote:
ninja_ardith wrote:

Then go play it and stop trolling here? If one claims they are quiting a game they would also leave the forums for said game too. I quit WOW 2 months ago and that is what I do when I quit a game. Short term.....Ardith probally already has another character he is playing.

Dude, you've tweaked my nerves. You're the same one that was like "boohoo evena was rude to me i hate you all", and now this? It doesn't bother me that you said this, but it bothers me that you said this after your little hissy fit in that other thread.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:56 am 
Mortal

Rodwen wrote:
cubanoh wrote:
ninja_ardith wrote:

Dude, you've tweaked my nerves. You're the same one that was like "boohoo evena was rude to me i hate you all", and now this? It doesn't bother me that you said this, but it bothers me that you said this after your little hissy fit in that other thread.

Anything that comes from you matters not, you are just a drama queen wannabe. Simple fact is if he truely left the game he wouldn't be lingering around still, he lingers cause the game is his life and he can't get enough of it and needs help to cure his addiction.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:59 am 
Mortal

We are in agreement on the matter of Ardith not leaving the game, good sir. Have a nice day, and remember to light yourself on fire. :D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next