Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 9:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Zryych Zeolither
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:56 am 
Mortal

Zryych was born in Vaerlain in 1113 T.A. to Zyl and Amalthea Zeolither. His great grandfather was Zebulch, who discovered and claimed a large Zeolite deposit deep in the caverns around Vaerlain, becoming the first Zeolither. When Zryych was young his eldest brother who had gone off to war was killed in battle and never found a way back. Not too long after this, Zryych's father and older brother were killed in when the area the were mining collapsed. They, too never seemed to find a way back.

After this, Amalthea took Zryych and his younger sister to live in Uxmal. Zryych, although good natured, could never seem to stay out of fights, and so the family quickly moved on to Exile, where they stayed for decades and Zryych was more or less raised. After a while Zryych began going out wandering and exploring, finding his ways into brawls, often in the north. He did this rather aimlessly for a number of years, but eventually growing a little tired of it, packed he and his mother up and moved to Sith'a'niel.

There he found more purpose, when his friend Jaro asked him to join the Guardians and become his second in command. He worked tirelessly there, defending the city from the frequent attacks, often giving his life in the process. This started to way on him, along with the death of his mother. Not too long after this, his little sister gave birth to twins, the girl named after her grandmother and the boy after his uncle, Zryych.

Big Zryych thus found himself spending more and more time back in Vaerlain, helping watch after the wee ones and teaching them proper axe usage, as the father was more or less a deadbeat. Spending so much away from Ayamao, the Judge eventually demanded that Zryych no longer be the Lieutenant to the Regent. Deep down Zryych knew that this was the right call, but his pride was hurt and so he resigned from the Guardians entirely, rarely coming out from Vaerlain anymore.

Eventually he heard that his most hated enemy, Antiira, was no more. While he was relieved to learn that Antiira was in fact mortal, and not that heinous daemonspawn that he had come to believe he was, this depressed him further, as he knew he would never know the pleasure of killing his mortal enemy. Back working in the family zeolite mines, to support his niece and nephew, Zryych was killed in cave-in, just like his father. With his spirit dejected, Zryych decided to stay in the River this time and see if he could find his long lost family and friends.

Zryych was a lot of fun, and was my most successful character to date, being my first master, and first and so far only champion level char. It was a lot of work though, keeping up his speech, to the point where I found myself thinking, and a few times almost talking to people like Zryych, when I wasn't playing. Joining a tribunal also absolutely necessitated a whole lot of PK, at which Zryych was unfortunately controlled by someone who really sucked at it. His frequent deaths started to get get a little old, and I couldn't help but think it detracted something from his RP, as in someone else's hands, I think he could have been really good.

Post subject: Re: Zryych Zeolither
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:16 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Ivstnesr, Drakey
Had very limited interactions, but worthy none the less

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:50 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
I killed Zryych a few times, and I felt bad because I never got to see the RP side of him.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:58 pm 
Mortal Contributor

I remember this character! I liked him. He didn't seem to be around much or for long. I often wondered where you live because your times were so odd and often short. Anyways I'm glad I got to interact a bit with Zryych and I hope you come back with another. :drunk:

Good back story too. I often neglect to read those and I seldom make detailed ones myself but yours was cool.