Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 6:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Jaro Rutaji - High Gardener - Lone Wolf of Ayamao
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:00 am 
Mortal

Hee! Jaro was born in a small giant camp somewhere in the wastelands northwest of Exile in Taslamar, lived there for a part of his early childhood until the ill-fate day he decided to play torch tag with his cousin Jibbo, somehow set the entire encampment was set ablaze and the tribe was forced to adapt to a more nomadic life, an event that was blamed on Jaro and Jibby for some reason. Jaro, an overly curious and hyper youth was a source of much frustration and headhurt for his mum, who would beat him with whatever object she happened-be holding at the time, sometimes he was lucky and infuriatated her while she was scrubbing clothes in the river, which only resulted in a wet whipping and a damp Jaro, which he found somewhat amusing. Other times, like that one time he stuffed one of them spiky frogs with all them quills that liked to roll up into balls, you know, thems that be good sometimes to use to clean the earjam before putting it on toast, anyway, he stuffed one of those thingy-bobs down her shirt while it was hold the anvil for the blacksmith day to keep the ringing down so uncle Hubnester can-sleep, anyway he remembers laughing for about four seconds, then he just remembers waking up two weeks later, he knew this because the single hair on his back had grown a good meter or so, he faithfully used it to keep track of time, after all, and to floss sometimes too, of course, anyway, he woke up in the middle of the Wasteland, his tribe nowhere to be seen.

Unbeknowenest to Jaro, mother decided to quick-start that thing that giants do when they get to certain age and go off explore, you know that thing they do when they get too big and the tribe wants them to bother someone else for a few years? Anyway, that thing, yeah, mother decided that six years earlier than expected would be good for Jaro. Anyway, after about three days of sitting and being confused Jaro decided to start his life in Taslamar. He thought about joining Hammer for a while and see if he could bother the folk at the castle, but then he learned about all the marching and standing around and just decided to have a drink. It was there that he realized that a giant is nothing without his mother, so he needed to find a new one to beat him over the head with a spoon whenever he got confused and put burning logs in the dungpit rather than the fireplace and cause that big fireball that made the great xandu stampede into cliff and then suddenly famine for year for some reason. Anyway, he heard that they called Nashira mother, so he decided that just what he was looking for!

The rest of the story some of you saw for yourself, but he somehow found himself serving Sith'a'niel for some reason, even though he was always afraid of fall-from-tree, made it up to Regent or something! Where is he now? He still out there somewhere, traveling the world with his crazy tribe. His lions Yabo and Dabo, his elf champion friend who did-hate but in time did-tolerate Sir Alcyon Tyr, but we calls him Sir Alcy, the sprite swasherbucker Jintay an' that crazy old rambling Mel'nas horsie Maderus. After retirin' from Regent he was going into woods for some reason to have bunch of adventures, but they all just ended up following him there, even Sir Alcy, for some reason. Said something alike to be keeping out of trouble or something. Isn't that just nice?

oOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOo
o [Attributes] Jaro Rutaji - High Gardener - Lone Wolf of Ayamao o
o===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===o
o Status: Grand Master(1) Race: Giant Class: Scout o
o Age: 57 Sex: Male Size: Giant o
o Alignment: Scrupulous Handiness: Left handed Religion: Nashira o
o STR: Titanic INT: Dim WIS: Clever o
o DEX: Nimble CON: Hardened CHA: Sociable o
o Carrying capacity: 17 items with a maximum weight of 525.0 pounds. o

o [Scores] Jaro, Rutaji - High Gardener - Lone Wolf of Ayamao o
o Status: Grand Master(1) Race: Giant Class: Scout o
o Kingdom: Ayamao Cabal: Independent o
o Coins: 2 platinum, 5 gold, 6 copper o
o Carrying: 12/17 items Load: 196.4/525.0 pounds o
o Health: Excellent Mental: Lively Physical: Fresh o
o Attribute points: 0 Wimpy: 0 percent Mode: Kill/defensive o
o You are thirsty. o
o You are standing. o
o You are over three-fourths of the way to the next level. o
o You have played 553 hour(s) so far. o

Jaro was a blast to play, didn't delete him for any other reason other than me being incredibly flaky when it comes to characters and I end up wanting to roll up another combination at some point. At first I thought of returning to Jaro one day, but who was I kidding? I'd probably just invent another concept and shoot with that instead. Anyway, thanks to everyone, friends and foes that made Jaro one of the best in my SK years. Special thanks especially to all the Guardians for the good times, and of course a special thank you to Baba and Feyih, Jaro's own partner's in crime, the rest are too many to mention, but you know who you are.

See you all on the flip side.

Post subject: Re: Jaro Rutaji - High Gardener - Lone Wolf of Ayamao
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:23 pm 
Mortal

Was wondering where Jaro went, he was the first PC I met. Forget the name of the character I was trying out, but I believe it was a halfling scout and Jaro came all the way from Ayamao and helped me. Even though he was at war with the Empire, all he saw was the title of a new player and was very helpful! For the sake of SK I hope you make another, game needs helpful individuals like yourself.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:41 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: RAWR!
I absolutely loved Jaro, and found your leadership style to be inviting. I learned a lot through your patience, and Iliphalia's life was certainly touched by their friendship.

Thanks, Aust!

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:49 pm 
Mortal Contributor

Jaro was awsome thanks for the good times. bye.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:52 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
I loved Jaro! A well-rounded character all around.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:27 pm 
Mortal

This was a fantastic character by a truly classy player. You outdid yourself Aust, and you know I already had a very high opinion of your characters from Presto to Tsai to Junta and on down. Seeing Jaro on the who list always meant there was some sort of adventure in store and some life to be breathed into a text-based game.

One of my favorite parts of your roleplay is the way you use the command of NPCs to create a dynamic that shows more about your characters without having to "tell" your story, per se. Looking forward to to future incarnations.

pudgy

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:00 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
I really liked Jaro, I could tell he was a quality player from our interactions even when he was a lowbie. I remember killing him in Sith'a'niel when he was around level 20-30 (He attacked me), and then enchanting his spear for him before I left the city just because.

You also gave me the chance to try out my recite fear;o all bash move, which totally made all the other times that you chased me out of Sith'a'niel (And in most cases just kept me from even bothering) worth it.

Jaro had very solid RP behind the character, I could tell, yet sadly I knew that as Antiira I'd never get to see that side of him except in brief glimpses. Congratulations on a good addition to the game!

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:24 am 
Mortal

Rage deletion, what a nub!

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:33 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Aise
Favorite giant in all my years of playing. I hope you return with another excellent character. Well done.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:15 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
Outstandingly played. I look forward to your next!