Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 6:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Daerk
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:52 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Bran
Well he's gone, I haven't been playing much lately because it's been really boring for me. Log on today and some [REDACTED] [REDACTED] happened, and then someone charmed him put something on him that made him where he couldnt talk so I couldnt even rp, and then was held for about 20 minutes before being petrified and I couldnt do jack [REDACTED]. Things like that is just BS and a huge turnoff, i'm gone.

Post subject: Re: Daerk
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:56 am 
Mortal

Bleh, [REDACTED] that you deleted. I totally would have helped you rampage on them.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:48 am 
Mortal

Let me say, before anything, that I am the one that charmed him for about fifteen minutes, and finally petrified him, and I really am disappointed that he chose to delete over this.

As for what happened:

He was invited to witness a monk commit seppuku to atone for that monk's supposed misconduct towards him. He refused to commit himself to not looting the monk. He then tried to kill the monk. I charmed him.
Once charmed, he wouldn't roleplay the charm and simply repeatedly demanded to be released, displaying general belligerence. Therefore, he was made to wear an object that prevented him from speaking.

He was then made to witness one of the monks commit atonement seppuku, and I then tried to petrify him. I failed, several times, and slept.

He was then given an obsidian coin in restitution. I tried to petrify him again. I failed several times more, slept again, and tried a third time, which succeeded.

TL;DR:

He tried to turn a RP event into a PK event, and got charmed.
He wouldn't RP the charm, so he was muted with an item.
He was forced to witness someone commit suicide in atonement to him, and he was then petrified ASAP, which took a bit longer than expected.

Either way:

I did my best to create RP activity, and then follow his lead in creating PK activity, with 3-4 minutes of RP activity he could witness but not engage in. It's unfortunate that he chose to delete over this.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:59 am 
Mortal

SK Character: RAWR!
Alright, I was with you until you petrified him, Anjin.

I think that inviting Daerk to witness the seppuku that was an atonement for how one of the Monks had mistreated him is awesome. I think that charming him for refusing to let him atone and trying to kill the monk himself is perfectly acceptable, and something I absolutely would have done. I think silencing him for being a [REDACTED] about the charm is well within reason.

But, he wouldn't have been doing any of that if you hadn't asked him to be there. You'd already averted his mayhem, and incapacitated him. The petrify, especially after failing so many times, seems a bit of overkill. Were it me, I might have tried once, and been like, "Oh, you lucky devil, the Gods must be feeling more merciful than I am today," and left him there until everyone else evacuated. Then dropped the charm.

Daerk was a handful, and a PiTA. But I like when alignment roles are shaken up a bit.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:05 am 
Mortal

I've got to say, I was really looking forward to RPing with Daerk. I thought he would have some sort of dynamic personality with an even more dynamic background. Instead, he just kept acting like a petulant little brat. And then you took it all OOC instead of just dealing with the consequences of your character's belligerence.

When you're invited to an event that's based on honor and refuse to act honorably upon request, and then attack when you're asked to leave due to your own admitted inability to act with honor, yeah. A crapstorm is going to ensue that might not be in your favor. That happens in this game, and you just have to deal with it and get past it, or if you think there was foul play at work, report it to the Imms instead of rage deleting.

I'm sorry you traded in your big boy trousers for Huggies pull-ups.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:13 am 
Mortal

Concerning how I petrified him, I probably should have just ordered him to remove everything so that he wouldn't have a fort save, and spared him the couple of minutes while I regained energy to petrify him inside his suit. It just seemed that it would be kind of demeaning to him in an IC way to petrify him naked.

Oh well, I've made worse mistakes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:20 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Bran
I'm glad you all decide to leave out some details.

And you're truly [REDACTED] if you couldnt figure out that you could have him remove everything then petrify him. He had like 30+ fort, no [REDACTED] you're not going to land it the first 20 times. How the charm even landed the first time is beyond me seeing as his will was 30+ as well as him being spelled up by NPCs boosting that higher.

Daerk requested that he get his 1 obsidian returned that he stole when he helped krilasth kill him. It was declined, daerk asked again, declined again. Daerk grew impatient and then sak told him he wasnt going to be able to see the seppuku now. Thats why daerk turned it into pk, not because I wasn't trying to rp. Bash missed, they attacked, charm landed on the first attempt. Daerk asked to be removed from the charm, sak put an item on him to make him not be able to talk. Then he sat there talking with the other two for a bit, finally tried to petrify him which failed horribly several times causing him to sleep a few times and my patience as a player grew really thin really fast and I didnt go ooc until the very end, and thats when I emoted in an ooc fashion that said to do something with him or release him, holding him that long is ridiculous and if it isnt ended soon I was going to contact imms. Finally after a few more attempts it landed.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:27 am 
Mortal

It was never declined, it was simply deferred. Daerk was simply told that compensation would be discussed afterwards, and that the monk's remains were to be respected as in the Monastery's custody if Daerk was to witness.

Daerk's decision to not agree to this basic prerequisite and to instead attempt to start PK was a valid character decision with foreseeable consequences.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:44 am 
Mortal

mundufisen wrote:
Blah blah blah, stuff that was already addressed by Anjin... charm landed on the first attempt. Daerk asked to be removed from the charm, sak put an item on him to make him not be able to talk.

He didn't put the item on Daerk until he insulted Sakamoto's honor and basically called him an idiot.

mundufisen wrote:
Then he sat there talking with the other two for a bit

Um, we just played out the ritual suicide which we had been trying to get done with. That didn't take more than like two minutes.

As for the stuff about the several attempts at petrification, Anjin already covered that, and I agree with what he said. It could have been handled differently, but it certainly wasn't a legit reason to just up and rage delete. And yes, you did wait until the end to go OOC through emotes. That may have been justified if there was any real foul play at work, which there wasn't. Again, if you want to report it, I encourage you to. I kept a log of everything I was present for.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:46 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Ncar
This one time Sakamoto tried to pull something like this on me, so I put on my badass pants and killed him and saved the day, the end