Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Eytheress, Bren, Shar, Me
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:28 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Walthur
Wanted to make a post so people know what happened to these characters. I'm getting too old for this, and just don't have the time or interest anymore. I truly intended on keeping Eytheress for a long time and was excited to see how Shar was going to turn out and Bren was lots of fun but I'm just maturing in my career and in life and won't be around anymore. For those that don't know, I started playing this game when I was in high school somewhere around 1999 and 2001. My friend and I were introduced to it in a computer programming class we randomly took by some computer genius kid and we both got hooked. We made griffons because they sounded cool and just ran around teron (where we started) and tried to attack everything in sight. Many things have changed in the last 13-15 years. Back then I was a high school kid who didn't really know who I was or where I was going and I have been with SK through many different lifetimes, not just in character but also out of character. I'm about to graduate from nursing school and I'm finally starting to grow up and although I will always love SK because of the creativity, freedom and fun it offers to the imagination, I won't be returning. I would like to give a HUGE thank you to Dulrik, you have really created something special here. I would also like to thank the other immstaff and all the players that have made this game what it is. Despite various grudges, rage deletes and general argumentative moments I have come to appreciate each and every person who plays this game, truly. With that, I leave you all. I wish you all the best in your own lives and from the bottom of my heart hope all of you find the kind of meaning in real life (if you haven't already) that SK has offered me for such a long time. Namaste.

Post subject: Re: Eytheress, Bren, Shar, Me
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:30 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Theodoric
Congrats on your graduation. Eytheress seemed like a quality character. Giving you a max of 12 months before you get adjusted to the new schedule and start jonesing for sk again.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:38 pm 
Mortal

Only character I met was Bren and wasn't impressed at all. He seemed like a complete waste of time. He attacked someone twice who was considered a friend of the same faction you were in, who ended up becoming a guard. He was overly rude, and totally ruined any interest I had at all to go to Ayamao. You failed to kill a rogue who had no pet both those times you attacked me and even when a superior of the guard said you were out of line, you continued being blatantly rude.

Other then that I'm sure you are an alright person in real life, so I'm happy you are putting this time into your career and I wish the best of luck to you.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:43 am 
Mortal

Peace and joy.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:22 am 
Mortal Contributor

That's a great farewell. I've seen Mr.Treefinger on the forums forever and a day and I do not doubt we've played thousands of times together either as foes or friends without even knowing. You will be sorely missed on SK, even by people like me who never really spoke to you out of the game.

I wish you well in the future and I know how hard it can be to keep playing the game as the years go by. I've had to sacrifice a lot of fun on sk because I just don't have time for it.

Kyle/Orac/many more.