Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Solomon, Blackguard General or whatever
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:49 pm 
Mortal

Hell if I can remember his title(s). I stopped playing for a while (still not playing, school is hard guys) and there's no way he hasn't been deleted yet.

I told myself when I made him that I would post his stats in order to help anyone else trying to build a hellion, but lolno I don't remember them. Maybe I'll dig edit everything back in here after I dig up some logs. I'm sure this is a devastating loss for y'all, but I have every confidence that you'll recover from my emotionally abusive negligence.

Solomon was an escaped slave from the deep. He was quiet and impeccably mannered...at least at first. He preferred to lead from behind and he was pretty good at it. He was a coward, a weasel, and usually either stretched or outright broke the hellion's code. I set out to play a spineless little silver-tongued worm and I was happy with what I got. He intended to join the midnight council and found himself thoroughly unimpressed. When Malsavir, warlord of the north, contacted him personally, he decided that he liked the young barbarian leader's drive and charisma...and more importantly, his disdain for politicking and his lust for violence. It was easy to convince the murderous, impatient warlord to let Solomon handle all the mind-numbingly BORING talky talk talk.

Solomon's politeness and quiet deference were enough to acquire power, but he had to earn the respect of the men under his command, and earn it he did. I'm not a BAD PvPer, but I'm not outstanding by any stretch of the imagination...but in-character (regardless of any actual skill or lack thereof on my part), Solomon quickly gained great respect from his warriors after several sound victories. He gained a reputation for being extremely patient with his enemies, and would gladly lie in wait for days on end for the chance to pounce when weakness showed itself. He was nowhere near as patient with his own, and demanded absolute excellence from the men who served him. I played him like the coward he was, always as far from danger in a fight as possible, and always the first to leave when things went wrong. I'm pretty sure I won more fights than I lost, and I definitely scored more kills than I gave up. It was a learning experience to be sure, and I think I got pretty handy at managing groups. I had the good and bad fortune to be up against players far better than myself (Peso, Trag, Finney, Patrisaurus, Jasem The Invincible), and I had to work my hindquarters off to stay alive. I won't lie: I'm pretty proud of that solo kill on Nole, even if it was just dumb luck. Eat it, Tragface. :devil:

Solomon joined the crucible because--well, Solomon was practically the embodiment of the crucible as it was. He was intelligent, manipulative, ruthless, and he preferred the throne's shadow to the throne itself. Venthekymi, the priestess who assisted him from the moment he set foot in the north, proved to be the closest thing that the general had to a real friend. He spent a great deal of time in quiet conversation with her in the tower overlooking their fiery lair.

Malsavir was the warlord of the north, but as no matter how many times Solomon played lip-service to his master, the second-in-command was the true ruler of the frozen wastelands. Several leaders came and went, but Solomon remained. When he renounced his title as general--that is to say, when I got friggin' BUSY--he remained a powerful influence in the Black Hand. Many times he was asked to resume his post of command, but each time he refused, citing spiritual reasons.

Darkness eventually consumed Solomon. It was slow, the process of his "reforging," but over the many long years of his life he became increasingly reclusive. He retreated into many years of meditation, and emerged only to seclude himself again. Eventually he vanished entirely, and his fate remains one of the many dark secrets of the crucible.

I'm too lazy to list names. You know exactly who you are. Yeah, you. You're awesome.

I had fun. Maybe I'll do it again later.

Post subject: Re: Solomon, Blackguard General or whatever
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:54 pm 
Mortal

you down with LPP yeah you know me i'm down with LPP

8)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:41 pm 
Mortal

I [REDACTED] loved Solomon. I wish I hadn't burnt out on SK when I did and that I'd kept going with Malsavair, but eh, so it goes.

I was sad I never got to duel him properly with Cairus, too.

Good luck with school, and if I ever come back, I hope you come back too!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:37 am 
Mortal

I loved my interactions with Solomon. He was a sneaky bastard, intriguing and charming in his own way, a perfect fit for the Crucible according to Venth's vision.

It was so much fun to play with you, LPP. Good luck with real life.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:53 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
The game is always better when LPP is playing. I remember when he was just a mighty fluffball! *sniff*

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:42 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
I think that I probably have to attribute my first villain interaction on Rilian to Solomon. Solomon basically came into Exile murdering everything in sight (including Rilian's mentor) and then beat the tar out of Rilian while he was still a lowbie. It set up a great nemesis potential in the two, but our playtimes just didn't match up sadly, which I totally understand. Good stuff LPP, your characters are always great.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:29 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Ivan, Mythros
I think the best times I had with Ivan involved Solomon. We won most of the fights we got into and I loved the back and forth banter. Take it easy fluffer. <3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:28 am 
Mortal

You learned a lot with solomon. Sometimes the fear of losing gear kept you from developing a better pk playstyle, though. This was a better character than you had before, and I think you can do even better with your next one. You're doing great, keep it up.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:04 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Xasuki
jreid_1985 wrote:
You learned a lot with solomon. Sometimes the fear of losing gear kept you from developing a better pk playstyle, though. This was a better character than you had before, and I think you can do even better with your next one. You're doing great, keep it up.

Lol!