Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Oct 13, 2024 8:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Loumak, Hakatomise, and Herlem
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:24 pm 
Mortal

Loumak - elf pally mentor 3 blah blah
not much to say. i'm a spontaneous character creator, and finding a character i like takes time.

Hakatomise - giant merc...i wanna say apprentice XD don't remember. this guy would have been the epitome of light if you will.

to describe how i wanted to RP hakatomise, well, here we go.

he is truthful, honorable, and disciplined
as well as courageous, and wishes to purify and give rebirth to all evil and bring them into the light.
as well as promotes liberty, wisdom, and enlightenment.
along with loves, feels compassions for all, and is devoted to his cause.
and believes in justice, logical thinking, and keeping the order
and feels healing is necessary for growth, and marvels at the art form of fighting.
oh, and he's righteous.
that pretty much sums him up.

He was denied entrance into the church of truth because he cared for liars. Lynard would have accepted me into the church of courage. Love would have no doubt. didn't get around to speaking with the rest. If a sprite can be RP'd as calm, then a giant can be RP'd as smart, and Haka was damn smart.

Herlem - fun shenanigans.
dire male griffon
Desc:
Eyes burning red with an intensity unimaginable to the smart giant, this
griffon does not look nice. A beak blacker than midnight itself protrudes
out from it's head. All of his feathers are black and reflect light as if
they are mirrors, but are as normal feathers to the touch. It's claws would
be black, but they are caked with blood, causing them to be mostly deep-red.

His prayer:
Sir Sargas, I come before you today as a pissed off griffon. I have been marred by the gods of light, and made to look like a crow. I wish to be a Crow of War! Allow me to serve you, and I will kill in your name. In my Conquest, I will feed myself! I will never eat food, only the limbs of my enemies! Allow me to serve my Feeder! Amen.

Thanks to Zancore for funsies. My point was made well enough, and I'm done trying to make it.

Apprentice 3 in nine hours. i felt kind of good about it too, but i had to go and die in the paladin camp in some swamp that i'd never been to before. didn't know i shouldn't be there for another 5 levels or so, and def not front row as a priest. i was going to continue leveling him with only bless, frenzy, protection, armor, and cure light. it would have been possible, but it would have taken some patience and a couple bonanzas. when i go to GM, i was going to challenge that Seraph for funsies. three triple fod scrolls and twenty harms or criticals or something with thirsty double heal vials. would have taken a long time to get all that, and i'd probably still lose XD.

I deleted because I knew that alignment restrictions were enforced far more than certain rp restrictions with certain classes, so why bother.

Thanks to Tenrai, Zancore, Lynard, Agaleia, Celeste, Kirken, Jasutisu, Tanaar, Antiira (scared stiff, pfft), and the misinformed Geta and Khurt. I'm sure I left out a lot. Either way, off to more shenanigans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:28 pm 
Mortal

haha i have the feeling you only made that griffon to get me introuble... Oh well

Post subject: Herlem
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:29 pm 

At first I thought herlem was an evil sorceror in disguise.
He was a very creative concept, but somewhat doomed in choice of faith. I remember taking bets with Akiko about how long you'd live...
All that being said, I did enjoy interacting with him.
I love the idea of a light side giant scout/barbarian. I'll help you get going if you do something in a good or neutral vein next time. Giants are good fun and tough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:27 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Marcellus
From the looks of the Griffon, horrible job staying to align. People think just because they play them and Centaurs or giants, they can play a brutal all hating class. not scrup or principled you can't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:38 am 
Mortal

Reminds me of Halela, good effort!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:34 am 
Mortal

I had fun training Loumak, but didn't get to see much more of him.

Luck with your next.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:08 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Retired Troll
That giant merc sounds unoriginal. Also, your argument that if sprites can be calm, then giants can be smart is flawed. The intelligence level of giants is enforced by game mechanics.

The griffon sounds like you just decided to cheat and break alignment for your own amusement.

Rodwen wrote:
I am a failure of a player.

Oh well. Better luck next time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:50 pm 
Mortal

I don't see why you would have issue with a base creature gilded with witty repartee and occasional insight, Baldric. You have proven before that even the most lackluster of stones can still sparkle in the right setting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:14 am 
Mortal

I have seen very few giants actually play according to their REAL stats. This seems to be namely because there is no way for another player to judge what your stats are. Sure, strength and dexterity can be determined by what you carry. Constitution by how well you don't die. However when it comes to mental - Intellect and Wisdom - one player can't say "oh, thats too smart for someone who is Dim" (which I think most unmodded melee class giants are)

Granted there have been a few exceptions and I raise a glass to them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:06 am 
Mortal

I played a dim giant. Rodwen. I RP'd him the way you're 'supposed' to. He was the big stupid guy off "Of Mice and Men" simply put. Cornelius was George. I hated it. I deleted the day after I GM'd because I was sick of it. I refuse to do it again.