Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 11:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Jaren of a Thousand Faces/ME
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:48 pm 
Mortal

Jaren was born an abandoned bastard child in the Empire of the Bright Star. His father, Dago, who probably never knew of Jaren as Jaren never knew of him, abandoned his mother not long after meeting her and planting his seed, leaving her to have nothing to do with this creature of a child.

All his life he had to fend for himself, doing what he had to to make sure he made it through the night. He quickly came to embrace the idea of Fear, as Fear drove him to survive and he found himself ordained in the church of the Father by the Dame Kura Dachus. Immediately, he began serving by doing his work in the shadows and ended up turning it into a booming business. (Jaren had money falling out of his ears before it was all over and done with. I carried around 50 obsidian with me at just about all times).

Because of his harsh and cowardly way of living, he took to the ways and lifestyle of a rogue and assassin very quickly, and eventually came to be invited into the Manor of the Harlequin where he was able to unlock and unravel secrets of the shadows he had no idea he existed, becoming not one man, but many in his own mind. He was always a lunatic, though I tried not to make it so obvious in the beginning but let it seep out slowly and surely as his life went on. Dago was a maniac so it was only fitting Jaren follow the father he never knew closely in his footsteps. Murder, paranoia, and malice was in this bloodline and he embraced unknowlingly embraced it from birth.

Jaren has faded into the shadows he believed he was ultimately born from, lurking and listening, his whispers of lunacy and Fear a constant for Pyrathia.

oOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOo
o [Attributes] Jaren of a Thousand Faces, Bastard and Businessman. o
o===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===o
o Status: Grand Master(1) Race: Human Class: Rogue o
o Age: 29 Sex: Male Size: Medium o
o Alignment: Diabolic Handiness: Left handed Religion: Algorab o
o STR: Powerful INT: Smart WIS: Clever o
o DEX: Acrobatic CON: Durable CHA: Distant o
o Carrying capacity: 23 items with a maximum weight of 325.0 pounds. o
oOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOo

o [Scores] Jaren, of a Thousand Faces, Bastard and Businessman. o
o Status: Grand Master(1) Race: Human Class: Rogue o
o Kingdom: Empire Cabal: The Harlequins (Member) o
o Coins: zero o
o Carrying: 2/23 items Load: 184.1/325.0 pounds o
o Health: Excellent Mental: Pulsating Physical: Fresh o
o Attribute points: 0 Wimpy: 50 percent Mode: Kill/aggressive o

I made this character on a whim and was an absolute blast to play. I loved the freedom of a diabolic rogue to be able to do whatever I wanted with his roleplay. I tend to hate playing evil characters because it just makes me feel like a jerk most of the time I play, so I'm hoping most of your characters ended up hating him as much as you should have. If you did, I'll feel like I did what I set out to accomplish with Jaren.

As it stands, I can't make the time to play SK the way I'd like to. It doesn't help that the new expansion for WoW comes out tonight and I've been talked into giving it another shot. SK has been good to me for the most part and I'm sure I'll end up making another sooner or later. (Probably sooner than later as it always tends to draw me back in). I've had a blast playing with all of you. Until I make another, yall keep on keepin' on.

I'm not going to send out any special thanks because I always leave people out, so thank all of you that have interacted with and affected any of my characters over the years. It has been a treat. Apologies for the short background story, but I don't tend to give these things much thought and usually wing all of my characters, allowing them to develop themselves depending on what happens to them through IC events. Again, I hope you all enjoyed your time with Jaren and my other past chars as much as I enjoyed playing them with you.

:drunk:

Bones/Jared

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:06 pm 
Mortal

You'll be missed man. Come back soon.

Jaren was indeed a bastard. Well played.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:10 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
You suck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:30 pm 
Gold Donor

I agree with both of them... you suck and will be missed!

Do come back to visit when WoW has lost it's magic. :drunk:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:03 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Retired Troll
Hope you had fun with him. You're a great player (there aren't many other people I'd have let play Dago's son). I'm sure I'd have loved him if I had ever interacted with him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:23 pm 
Mortal

5 1/2 more hours Bones! (at the time of this post)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:27 pm 
Mortal Contributor

I'm sorry to see the player go. Oddly enough I never knew Jaren at all, and since two other players made characters who were supposed to be in an clique sort of thing with him that's strange, because I was one of the the other two.

The mud is in worse shape then I've ever seen and losing a player of this caliber now is a big blow, but this has been a hard hard year for SK when it comes to loosing good players so I'm used to it.

On the plus side, I'm glad I got to know you and play a bit of sk with you while I had the chance. Hope you'll be back when world of warcraft gets dull.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:30 pm 
Mortal

I love your face.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:03 pm 
Mortal

No time for SK.. but time enough to play WoW.. how does that work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:40 pm 
Mortal

Easy.

SK will take all your time and, eventually, throw it all in the fire. You cannot do anything forever in SK. Not even buildings last forever. Every revision is a trampling over someone's dream.

WoW will preserve all your investments if you maintain them with fifteen dollars a month or whatever, though they may not retain their perceived value... but what does?

How much time does it take to preserve your investments in SK? How much time does it take to make that fifteen bucks?

Call it the cold calculus of reason, but the best way to make sure you keep what you spend your time earning in SK is to not play. Just look at wert's ancient "95% PK avoidance" post: he makes the point that doing anything in this game puts you at risk.

There's nothing like that in WoW. Nothing at all. WoW prefers a more lucrative kind of selfishness, it just settles for your money. SK wants your time, and it doesn't care about how precious it is to you when it measures the investment against what others have offered up at the altar. The only things you can keep from SK are OOC information and the lingering joys of days gone by. Perhaps this is why the most prominent players include golden-age-syndrome vets and those who know the inner workings of the game to the point where they no longer play, they exploit. The fact that it is technically against the rules to use the only resource you actually keep from character to character in the game creates a dismal thing to try to allocate time for.

WoW is a better game for people with lives, and I resent the envy some people thrust at those who are able to afford it.