Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 1:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tyler
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:17 pm 
Mortal

Speaking of beating a dead horse: Mehloncoly, you were the one that played Nemarosa, right? What a great character that was. I say channel that energy!! Bring back the horse!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:26 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: RAWR!
Okay. Let me just disregard dufelt's wishes here and talk straight.

You crave this player courtesy from people like me, yet as I pointed out twice already - you're less than ready to extend the same to others. When the drama was unfolding, Iliphalia wanted to talk to Ibej about it. So while it was Iliphalia, Ibej, Tyler and two other Aludrans in the inn, I asked Ibej to come talk to me privately. I sent Tyler a tell about what we'd discussed after the fact (because you seemed quite miffed that another female elf was asking for his attention for a microsecond), and Tyler told Iliphalia that "the situation with Madellina" was known to everyone in your faith and that it was unnecessary to excuse myself from the inn to have that discussion. Because you'd already gossiped the entire thing to everyone that Tyler came into contact with. Not to mention how you treated her OOCly. The opening of this thread is whining about gossip and rumors. Really?

The continuation RP that you assume I'm talking about is NOT what I'm actually referring to. You're all defensive about it, and perhaps you should be. But (here's where I'll have to ask forgiveness soon) - let's talk about our feathered friend. Who, after he feels that Tyler betrayed him, doesn't like people touching him, or speaking to him with an overdeveloped sense of familiarity. He has trust issues. Your new character acts toward him JUST as Tyler did and his roleplayed discomfort is something you simply ignore.

You might think that I have an interest in making you feel bad, but really I don't. I have an interest in you playing a new character as new. Iliphalia is Caeserea's daughter, if you didn't catch that from the roleplays we shared. I would say that she's completely different than her mother. If you can't play someone different, perhaps it is best to move from the same circles of people. Let some time pass before jumping into the same faction/friendships/etc. I'm here to enjoy a game, and having to pretend that this isn't going on doesn't make it fun.

It was a constructive criticism. One I'm not surprised that you balked at. I'm not one to put the kid-gloves on. I'm a straight shooter. You don't have to accept the perceptions of your character, but I am FAR from the only one who has them. Nobody asked you to be superhuman, or to shelf your emotions.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:29 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Retired Troll
lol. You females and your drama crack me up every time. Remember Caeserea and Arielyn?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:42 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: RAWR!
Don't get me started on Arielyn. Seriously there was never a more self-absorbed character that I ever interacted with. But in this case, Iliphalia is no part of the drama. In fact, I attempted to dispel this situation before it arose between those who were involved. Innocent bystander.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:50 pm 
Mortal

Arielyn is by far a better name than Tyler. I thought this character was a guy when I first saw it on the who list and had to do a double take when I first met the character. I also had better interactions with Arielyn on Ralina than I did with Ariya and Tyler, even though Ralina was just being a [REDACTED] and PMSing all over the place.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:38 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Bran
jhorleb wrote:
Speaking of beating a dead horse: Mehloncoly, you were the one that played Nemarosa, right? What a great character that was. I say channel that energy!! Bring back the horse!

Threnody played Nemarosa. (I dont think threnody = Mehloncoly is she?)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:27 am 
Mortal

Oooooh. Well that explains it. Carry on then!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:11 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Retired Troll
evena wrote:
Innocent bystander.

w/e. I stand by my sexist comment.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:17 pm 
Mortal

*pulls out the popcorn*

Continue, this is getting good.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:39 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Snuffles
Baldric wrote:
evena wrote:
Innocent bystander.

w/e. I stand by my sexist comment.

:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next