Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Tue Oct 08, 2024 7:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Vhaeryl Jhabbuk
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:45 pm 
Mortal

Baldric wrote:
Back when you were playing Laechlyn and before that Zebastian, all you could talk about was how OP sorcs were. Then you rolled a delf sorc, weren't especially effective, and argued that sorcs shouldn't be nerfed? . . . huh

Anyways, I actually like you and think you're a top notch player. Come back soon. You add a lot to the game.

Thanks for the nice words. Part of the reason I rolled a sorc was to learn the class better, and learn more aspects of the MUD better. I accomplished that pretty good and I learned a lot of ways to beat a sorceror. Back when I played Zebastian I was very rusty from a long break and was not privy to how awesome deep-elf sorcerors had become. Syn was playing Ealuriel at the time and was wiping the floor with me. Basically I was noobing it up and I was in a dead tribunal to boot so it made things difficult. Laechlyn was a bit of an improvement on Zebastian except by that time Edoras had rolled Antiira and was on the warpath. So basically with those two characters I was constantly fighting Ealuriel and Antiira and I didn't do well, it was frustrating to say the least.

Even as Vhaeryl I thought sorcs should get a bit of a wimp, if not sorcs, then at least some items. I don't like the insta gib scrolls personally and I hate how hellfire is in a wand, and a powerful one at that. Personally I think zap should have a slightly longer lag time, zapping someone twice between rounds with a high level acid blast or hellfire is pretty crazy if you ask me.

I would like to see casters overall become more cast and less zap and recite. I think staves and scrolls overall are at a good balance but I think there are far too many wands that are overused in battle over casting. Also this new change to concentration regarding consumables was a brilliant change I thought and brought some nice balance to casters as a whole and is a good step in the direction of becoming more of a casting game.

Post subject: Re: Vhaeryl Jhabbuk
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:49 pm 
Mortal Contributor

Wow, I liked Zebastian, and I really liked Laechlyn. Hope I wasn't to insulting with what I said. I just thought oh oh a delf sorc and after beating people like Ealuriel and Antiira, I kind of expected alot worse then what I got. I donno. I only saw you a couple times really.