Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Tue Oct 08, 2024 12:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Me
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:35 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
And driving through Arkansas is nothing like driving through the industrial boring wasteland that is the state of Ohio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:39 am 
Mortal

Rodwen wrote:
Sklz711 wrote:
Pro tip: If your state is too unoriginal to come up with its own name, it's probably terrible.

The Territory of Arkansaw was organized on July 4, 1819, and on June 15, 1836, the State of Arkansas was admitted to the Union as the 25th state and the 13th slave state.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/When_was_Arka ... z1EiXE2mMW" target="_BLANK" target="_BLANK

The Kansas-Nebraska Act of 1854 created the Kansas Territory. Kansas entered the union as the 34th state in 1861.

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/kansas#ixzz1EiXO4TAh" target="_BLANK" target="_BLANK

What?

In the 1880's Arkansas went and changed the pronunciation of the state name from the French deviation of the Sioux word, to one matching their northern neighbors. They WERE different, until Arkansas went and changed their [REDACTED] to perfectly match, except for the spelling. Different spellings/Different Pronunciations = Different names, Same Pronunciation/Different Spelling = [REDACTED].

You're also working off the belief that I think Actual Kansas is any better than Our Kansas. Hint: It's not.

As far as you go Jennbo, you put way too much stock in geographical distance, are you going to [REDACTED] and moan when I slag Idaho too? Just because a state is shithouse doesn't make the whole area shithouse, and the fact that you think it does makes me think you harbor your own ill feelings towards the rest of your neighbors. Then again, Missiissippi, Louisiana, and Georgia are mostly big bags of fail with small bright spots. Just be glad you live in the Gateway, and not the actual hell.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:46 am 
Mortal

Ruined this thread? Jen, you MADE it. <3 But using some anecdotal unsourced answers aggregate for info makes for great flame fodder :D

But no seriously %#*? the south. At least Tennessee is on the border of the fail slag. And I think this'll be my last post because I've run out of things to tag add the end that are on topic so my posts aren't illegal.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:55 am 
Mortal

the best part is that I got that "source" from wikianswers. I didn't mean for everyone to be so srs.

Poor ardith :(

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:08 pm 
Mortal

Do not call him Ardith, in death he has a name.

HIS NAME IS ROBERT PAULSON

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:19 pm 
Mortal

HIS NAME IS

No, [REDACTED] this.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:53 pm 
TMS Cheerleader

SK Character: Addison
Muhaha thread derail chaos!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:09 pm 
Mortal

I don't see anything wrong with the deletion. It's not like he abused a bug to summon the grand general infernal and kill him. Oh wait Jerin did that and didn't get in any trouble.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:01 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Retired Troll
So a young man from Arkansas met a girl and instantly knew that she was the gal for him. He was so excited that he went home and told his dad the good news. "She's really great," he said, lowering his voice to add, "and, Pa, she's a virgin!"

The young man's father remained silent for a moment before declaring, "Well, if she's not good enough for her own family, she's not good enough for ours!"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:38 pm 
Mortal

Every state is good at something!

Original link to actually read text: http://i.imgur.com/wEynB.jpg

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next