This pretty halfling's most noticeable trait is her curly hair, which has
a healthy shine to it. The strawberry-blonde ringlets frame her round face
and reach her shoulders. Long lashes adorn her bright blue eyes, which peek
out from either side of a button nose. Her soft-looking skin is fair, but
her cheeks are rosy. She is slender, and stands at about three-and-a-half
feet in height. This child-like halfling's girlish figure has only barely
noticeable curves.

Life story wrote:
Marietta was born in Taslamar to two followers of Aludra. Her parents were distraught by the baby’s diabolic alignment, and chose to move away to somewhere isolated to raise her. They hoped that through their love, the child would be transformed and have a lighter aura as an adult. The family moved to the Von Eisenfaust woods, and built a humble home not far from the gypsy camp. Here, Marietta was instructed in the ways of love and compassion, and her parents tried to guide her down a path of the light. Marietta, like most children, wanted very much to please her parents, and wanted to be the “good girl” they asked her to be. She found it to be incredibly difficult to be the girl her parents wanted her to be. She enjoyed capturing small animals in the forest and torturing them, delighting in their anguished screams and whimpers. Her parents were horrified by this behavior and tried to keep her from engaging in it. Marietta was able to resist her nature for only so long before she would return to her evil ways, though. Marietta was almost as upset about her evil nature as her parents were. She wanted desperately to make them happy, but was never able. She could see the horror in her mother’s eyes, and the disdain in her father’s voice.

When she was twelve years old, Marietta had a dream. In it, Thuban appeared to her and told her that he was her real father. He told her that she should stop trying to appease her false parents, who would never accept her. He told her she was beautiful and perfect just the way she was, and that he was proud of her for not letting her false parents pollute her beautiful aura with light. He told her to kill her false parents, and follow the path of deception. Marietta contemplated this dream but did not act on it. The dream repeated several times over the course of a few years, however, and eventually she killed her parents in their sleep. She sat on the corpses and smiled happily at the ghosts, clapping her hands together in delight, thrilled by her first real murder. Destroyed by their daughter’s actions, her parents lacked the will to return to life. Thuban appeared to her and told her that she was the best little girl, and that she would get to stay that way forever, never aging.

Marietta spent the next decade learning more about Thuban and trying to become a priestess. It was not until she was twenty-six that she stumbled upon Kytar and began making actual progress in her training. She quickly attained the rank of grandmaster. In her travels she met a member of the Hammer of Light, Paedrig, who cast her aside and insulted her even though she was young, and very polite to him. This helped lead her to join the midnight council. She sought the power of the eastern council, and also wanted to stamp out the light-hearts who so infuriated her with their self-righteousness and reminded her of her parents.

Marietta helped build the midnight council into the most powerful faction in the realms, and stomped out all hopes at resistance. She was never a leader of the faction, but during the years she was a member, the council and its allies experienced many resounding victories and only a couple of defeats. As the battles grew more and more boring and less and less challenging, Marietta retired from the council, satisfied that she had successfully sent everyone on her “naughty list” to the afterlife. She spent the rest of her life in commune with her lord, but mostly abstained from battle. Impressed with her service, Thuban offered her a life as another being in the shadow realm, where she could learn secrets that eluded her as a mortal. She gladly accepted and committed herself to the Void.

About the character wrote:
Marietta maintained the personality of a small, cute child. She genuinely delighted in hugs, and would often burst out in fits of giggles. She also had a sadistic and evil streak, obviously, and enjoyed murdering, torturing, and manipulating others. She often tried to gain the acceptance from others that her parents never gave her. She wanted to have lots of “friends,” though her diabolic nature kept her from ever really understanding what a friend was. She loved it when she was recognized as cute, and loved it when others doted on her and paid attention to her. She was also power-hungry. Marietta enjoyed tricking people, but very rarely did she actually outright lie. She would wear symbols of different religions, but if anyone asked, she would tell them she followed Thuban. Marietta viewed lying as a sacred act, and would never lie over something trivial. Nor would she tell a lie in which she would be caught. She explained to some people that by behaving honorably and sticking to her word most of the time, she was better able to pull of subtle deceptions without anyone learning of her betrayal.

OOC thoughts wrote:
I considered not posting an afterlife for this character, just because I was so unpopular while I played her. Edoras will whine about me logging out to avoid voodoo, someone will bring up my mentor-gank against Trag, and then a bunch of people will point out that while playing her, my player courtesy was way below what I extended to others while playing Rorey. Ultimately, I decided to post an afterlife because I put a lot of effort into this character, I had a ton of fun playing her, and I think she is one of my better creations in SK in terms of pvp, rp, and pve. I don’t know whether or not her overall contribution was positive, but I think she deserves an afterlife.

I’m also not going to address any of these complaints here because I’ve already dealt with them in other threads to my satisfaction. The only critique I never bothered responding to was when I chose not to engage Veremas or w/e his name was. Truth is I had woken up a few minutes before, it was cold in my room, my vision was blurry and my hands were shaking, I had no weapon for my guard, and I had class in a few minutes. I chose to avoid directly engaging the dude, which was a pretty good call, and elected just to murder his tribunal guard. This seemed sufficient because he was not wanted, and was just looking for a cheap gank (if he had been spawning law NPCs, I’d have had to respond to him). In retrospect, I probably didn’t need a weapon for the Giant legionnaire. He could probably have gotten the job done bare-handed.

When I stopped playing Rorey, I didn’t rule out a possible return to SK, but at the time it seemed very unlikely because I knew that the pcount would have to increase dramatically for me to be interested in coming back. I came back to SK with Marietta because there were PK logs being posted every single day. The pcounts were high, and there was a lot of action to be had. I am glad I got the chance to play the priest class. It is a very good class, and it was my first attempt at a support class (it’s awesome when you have allies). I did not keep track of my kills, but Marietta's only death after GMing was when Narlen killed her in her sleep. I am also glad I got to play in what was, in my opinion, the most dominant faction in SK since I started playing the game. I am once again “leaving” SK, but I am not naïve enough to declare myself done with the game for good. As of right now, I am not planning on coming back, though. I enjoy trolling the forums too much to quit that, at least for now.

I am not thanking people individually, but thank you to everyone who interacted with this character, and thank you to the IMMs for making it all possible.

This is me deleting. It also shows my typical rez RP:
Typical Marietta Rez RP wrote:
>
Someone tells you 'Excuse me. I've heard that you are a priestess capable of resurrections. Is this true?'

[HP:100%] [ME: 64%] [PE:100%]
>
c 'spirit s'
You start to concentrate.

[HP:100%] [ME: 64%] [PE:100%]
>
You utter the words, 'gsufuh guoph'.
Your eyes tingle.

[HP:100%] [ME: 63%] [PE:100%]
>
speak tas
You start to speak taslamaran tongue.

[HP:100%] [ME: 63%] [PE:100%]
>
reply Yes!
You reply to Jayvan 'Yes!'

[HP:100%] [ME: 66%] [PE:100%]
>
Jayvan replies 'Would you ask a prayer on my behalf?'

>
reply Sure!
You reply to Jayvan 'Sure!'

>
c word

>
You utter the words, 'xafe ay candusqarr'.

A circle of stones
You are standing in the midst of short grass and small shrubs
ppp in the plains of the Empire of the Bright Star. There are some
p*p short, windblown trees nearby. A large circle here has been
bb\ cleared of vegetation, leaving a well-trod space of dirt and
rock. Several trails wind through the plains away from here.
It's mostly clear, hot, and there is absolutely no wind.
Obvious exits: n e s w nw ne sw se
A set of rune-inscribed stones frame the center of the clearing here.

[HP:100%] [ME: 63%] [PE: 52%]
>
The day has begun.

>
c resurr jayvan

>
i
eq

The stones glow eerily...
A glowing portal snaps into existence in the midst of the stones!
It's nice and warm out.

[HP:100%] [ME: 65%] [PE: 71%]
>
You utter the words, 'candusgjfcandusqnn'.
You have resurrected Jayvan!

[HP:100%] [ME: 36%] [PE: 71%]
> You are carrying:
Nothing.

> You are using:
<worn on body> (Glowing) a tailored silk blouse (superb)

>
l jay
Before you is a Male Halfling that exudes a a very calm, flowing and aware aura. Whilst nothing out of the ordinary for a Male Halfling you do notice that he is slightly taller then the majority of his race. His hair is a light, wispy dark brown and his eyes a deep shade of green. There is very little that sets this halfling apart from others of his race and when you look at him you get that feeling as if you have seen others that look just like him before.
Overall, Jayvan looks pretty hurt.

>
l

A circle of stones
You are standing in the midst of short grass and small shrubs
ppp in the plains of the Empire of the Bright Star. There are some
p*p short, windblown trees nearby. A large circle here has been
bb\ cleared of vegetation, leaving a well-trod space of dirt and
rock. Several trails wind through the plains away from here.
It's mostly clear, hot, and there is absolutely no wind.
Obvious exits: n e s w nw ne sw se portal
(Glowing) A mystical red portal flickers in the midst of the stones.
A set of rune-inscribed stones frame the center of the clearing here.
Jayvan (a fluent male half-elf) is here.

>
delete
Type delete again to confirm this command.
WARNING: this command is irreversible.
Typing delete with an argument will undo delete status.

>
delete
Alas, all good things must come to an end.
You release all your spells.
--- Disconnected on Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 10:11 PM ---
--- Connected for 0 days, 0 hours, 9 minutes, 50 seconds. ---

--- Received 1848 lines, sent 128 lines.
--- Output buffer has 1985/500000 lines in it (0.4% full).
--- Matched 15 triggers, 0 aliases, and 0 timers fired.

--- Connected on Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 10:11 PM ---

Post subject: Re: [PAR Pri] [None] Marietta Goodfoot - Little Priestess
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:06 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Phreya, Kouin, Nosephthyki
I am really glad you posted her back story it was a good read. I sort of feel like copy and pasting part of what you said in Thyki's afterlife thread here, at least about not getting the chance to RP with Marietta much and regretting that.

I figure you will be back and that time, I will find out who you are playing and force you to RP with me. ;)

Until then, enjoy whatever you choose to do with life.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:42 pm 
Mortal

I really enjoyed this character when you were active with her. You are one of those few players who can build an entire organization around yourself. The mc was what it was because of you more than anyone, imo. High activity + pk skill + pve knowledge + player courtesy and willingness to help (i know others might argue this, but a baldric character with less player courtesy than usual is still more courteous than most of the player base ). Hope to see you back in sk sooner than later.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:03 am 
Mortal

Baldric

Pros:
- Very intelligent & witty, intuitive, quick learner
- Can be humorous, sarcastic, sometimes both
- Can make both good leader and support, meshes well in a team, meshes well in SK
- Active characters and proactive play
- Characters were developed and high quality roleplaying
- Good player courtesy, will not cheat, willing to let others have fun
- Has tendency to team up with Syn, a very powerful duo wherever they go
- Supports Syn so there is conflict/news/interest for those that play SK

Cons:
- Can be very PK driven while playing, concerned about kill:death ratio
- Willing to go to any length to PK, such as locates, and employing mentor excuse to lure/trap his enemies
- 50/50 about Tarconus "Tufdorf" surname
- Due to being perceived of being a skilled PKer, those PK'd by Baldric sometimes delete/take breaks
- Has tendency to team up with Syn, therefore when Syn goes, likely does Baldric
- Fights Syn eventually, which also inevitably kills Syn's characters off

Overall Baldric is one of SK's most accomplished and notable additions in the recent years. His cons can be written off as rumors and random trash talk by the haters. SK without Baldric (and Syn!?) feels like missing a limb. Baldric's characters were worthy of their paragon titles and the player has adequately earned his self-chosen nickname Internet_Tough_Guy.

You make SK fun for many of us.

gg wp

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:43 am 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
I look forward to your next, punk.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:58 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Theodoric
Good char. Glad I could help bring her into the action as Paedrig. Wasn't a fan of the "why are you so mean to poor Waish" rp, you can come up with more original taunts than that. You are a master of sk risk mitigation.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:38 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Elspeth, Kishka, Tiamre
It makes me sad to see her go. I loved all the interactions I had with Marietta. I hope you come back with something new soon.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:08 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
Overall I most certainly liked Marietta. I just loved poking fun at you for those two things that you did, where in my opinion your OOC desire to "win" overcame your oftentimes stronger desire to get immersed in a character.

I mean crap, if anyone plays a prominent character for a long time and only manages to do two things I can make fun of them for, that's a pretty dang good character in my book. The good vastly outweighed the bad with Marietta if you ask me.

As for the character, I'm pretty sure I ground my teeth every time I interacted with her just on account of the constantly cheery personality. Made me want to smash her face in. Sadly I usually didn't have any other friends at the time so I never did.

On the technical side, every character of Baldric's does an excellent job of reaching his class/race/faction's maximum potential, and Marietta was no exception. Extremely smart usage of cabal skills, unique items, and religious spell made this character have an extraordinary amount of versatility, and effectively made it dang near impossible to raid the cabal HQ with him online because of how completely impossible it was to kill him: Ultimately the only real way this character -could- get ganked was either through him going AFK, getting caught completely by surprise (unlikely on Baldric whose paranoia is only rivaled by mine), or getting double voodoo'd or with a doll: Which is honestly one the biggest reasons that the voodoo-logout was so frustrating from an outsiders' point of view.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:54 am 
Mortal

I recall meeting Marietta in the Outpost and found myself really drawn to this character and RP style. Sad to see her go.

Looking forward to your next, cheers.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:01 pm 
Gold Donor

SK Character: None
Tryhards will be tryhards I guess.
This character wasn't so bad though.