o Born: Old Forces 14, 1130 Birthday: 82 days o
o===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===o
o STR: Powerful INT: Brilliant WIS: Naive o
o DEX: Acrobatic CON: Durable CHA: Sociable o
o===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===o
o Carrying capacity: 21 items with a maximum weight of 275.0 pounds. o
oOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOo

[HP: 14%] [ME:100%] [PE:100%]

Killing off/Retiring Arkex was the hardest thing I've ever had to do in SK. All I've learned about this game has been through him. So many stories and so many people to thank.

I'll start with a little background.
I played SK almost 10 years ago for a short time. played a couple griffons from exile but never even got past JM. Eventually I rolled a delf swashy from Teron. Didn't do much rp because I was still learning the game. didn't distinguish much between npcs and pc's. lol But he got to Expert or so and I just stopped playing.
I picked the game up again a little over a year ago. Thats when I rolled Arkex. I stuck to what I knew and went Delf Swash. Not a good combo, but it was the choice I made. Leveling him took me quite a while, as I didn't know the system yet. But I met quite a few awesome people along the way.
I didn't have much storyline to him, other than the fact that I was 'following my fathers footsteps.' (teronian delf swash) and just went with it. This character kind of had my personality because I hadn't rp'd any other way. I made wise cracks and had a lot of fun with the people I met.
I never thought I would get into a cabal because I thought it was more exclusive. I now see its a huge part of the game. But I can't express how proud I was when I was finally accepted into MC.
The only truly honorable thing I did with this character was stand up for Eberhardt when Mathias and crew killed him to try to take Knightlord. I felt obligated to beat him out for the position. It was incredible to see all of the people I've met come rallying to my side to campaign for me. It meant a lot to me.
Unfortunately, once I became Knightlord, I realized how underpowered he really was. All I could really do was sit up in the keep and hope we had the numbers to take back the Relic. But it was an honor to have held the position. I never thought I would see the day and it was truly incredible when it finally happened.
I wanna thank everyone I encountered, friend or foe, because you added to the story that has now come to a close. A sad day for me, but a hell of a ride none the less.
I wanted to do some big Rp death for Arkex because he meant so much to me, but I wasn't able to schedule anything too awesome. I felt as though I let down the Emperor in my time as Knighlord, so I met with Ernasses and went to the volcano in the lost jungle. I said my final words and dove in.
I'm gonna miss the [REDACTED] out of Arkex. They all gotta go at some point though.

I'll take this time to give thanks to the players that had a large impact on the life of Arkex.
Firstly, I gotta thank Adrastea. She brought me into Sargas' faith and mentored me quite a bit. Alaric and here were together at the time that I met them, so I wanna thank him too for showing me around and making sure I was training in the right place. Alaric dissapeared shortly after I met him. But Adrastea, I owe you a lot!
Secondly would be Eberhardt. Without a doubt Arkex's best friend in the game. We met while training under Red Stag Lake and we GM'd together and joined MC right around the same time. Our playing hours were off sometimes, but all the times were great.
Ernasses and some of his alts were very helpful and it was always great to RP/PK with them. Thanks for all you did. He was the only one there when I finally killed off Arkex. Means a lot to me. I'll see ya around mang.
There are many characters that helped me equip, taught me to pk, and were just fun to RP with so I'll send out that list.
Thank you: Trag/Irition(you beast. team darkie misses you. lol), Kirlin, Cendre, Haelyrnia, Siobhann, Magua/his alts, Tyto (inducted me into mc and got me into pk) , Talys (for giving me my first pk death while i was training in red stag. *snarl*) , Keegan, Boirnjolf, and countless others. This last year has been fun with all of you.
I'm sure you'll see me around. probably in the river, but you'll see me nonetheless. lol
Thanks Dulrik and the other imms for making this game as incredible as it is.

Post subject: Re: [DEl Swa][WAR][MDN][LGN] Arkex
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:31 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Adalwulf, Whinston, Eberhardt
Dang. I feel like I just lost my #1 partner in crime. Sad to see Arkex go, and I wish I could have been there in the end, but with having to clear post, and get my TA50 ready for turn in, I just couldn't swing it.
Eberhardt will feel the loss though, no doubt. We definitely had some fun times together, and you are right about the Knightlord position. Why do you think I never asked for it back?
All in all, I liked the character, and I can't wait to see what you do with the newer one.

Don

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:44 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
Everyone remembers their first.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:20 am 
Mortal

I'll forever remember giving him a poppy flower and he ate it without questioning what it was first. I was ready to explain, but it was too late. Eaten and right to sleep. Vhenris always found him to be a source of amusement, like watching a fledgling learning how to do something for the first time.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:00 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Airkli
Leadership was really thrust upon Arkex. I think he did alright with that. The RP was pretty good too.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:07 pm 
Mortal

My very first character as well was a drow swash, although I think you made quite a bit of progress in terms of knowledge and pk than I did my 1st time around. You had been gone for quite some time and I felt like this afterlife was coming. Its too bad you are letting him go, but its always fun to try different classes. I only hope that you don't sell out and roll a lightie next :evil: jk either way, I wish you luck with your next character and glad to see that you stuck with arkex as long as you did.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:44 pm 
Mortal

WTF. I never knew arkex was you! I <3 you!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
Lmao Travorn. I remember that. It was the longest sleep of my life! And I feel like we were trying to do something important. Like getting ready to go PK or something. I had a lot of moments like that. buying different herbs and trying them out... Vhenris was always a good sight to see. I'm glad I could offer some amusement.

Eberhardt, countless hours and failed pk's were always what I/we did best. lol I'll try to meet with Eberhardt on my next. He's on his way up right now.

Smurf, thanks for the encouragement. Could have done things a little better. I let the first harly into legions. lol some people might have gotten a little pissed about that. But I'm glad I got to dip my toes in the leadership side of things. I'm sure by the time I'm done with this game, I'll have more 'vet like' actions and obligations down to a science.

Peso, I love you too. Lol I can't tell if you're trolling or if you're serious. But its weird to me that you would claim that, being as how I hated Peso's guts. Aodh, ghavorian, regiza, talimor, and one other were my biggest enemies toward the end. I'd like to know what other characters I SK'd with as Arkex. Maybe we had better interactions than I remember. All the pk's and fights were actually really fun, even if I ended up in the river.

Also, who played Syrsani? I owe a big thanks to her too. Her, Eberhardt, and I stayed in MC for quite a long time together. Even during the dark ages of the Empire. lol Syrsani, Wherever you are, I hope to meet up with you in the next life. lol

Jreid, Miss ya already. haven't noticed you online much. I'll see ya around I'm sure. You helped me learn to PK fairly well while you were playing 'that one character from the empire.' You and 'the other one of your kind' Stomped for a while. It was upsetting to see you guys leave. But all is well. Such good times.

Anyone else who reads this, feel free to talk as much [REDACTED] or tell as many stories as you want. "i remember whoopin Arkex's [REDACTED]." lol My K/D record is awful. I have a lifetime of making up to do for this character. lol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:48 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
Arkex was great, even if he was far from a power house combo. Hope you come back with another!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:51 pm 
Mortal

This guy was great. I think I inducted him.